Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This is in my bros 89 hatch. mods are ported e7heads,performer intake,shorty headers and o/r H,e cam,65 tb,255hp fp,24 lb injectors,prom75,kirban fp reg,aod w/2800 stall,4.10 gears. Has the Nos 100 shot dry kit on it and purge. when ever you spray it starts missing. timing is backed down from 15-10 and fuel is at 80 while spraying. has autolight 24 plugs gapped at .035 and stock igniton. I think it is blowing the spark out. I also worry about the locaton of the solonids fron the headers. they are about 2 inches away from them on the strut tower. Know of a better place for them? jetts are 53 fuel 47 nos.

·
Registered
503 Posts
better step up to a msd ignition and coil.
you are running rich , the dry shot is set up for 19 lb injectors, you have 24 s the vacuum tee jet has to change .
you should have closer to 65 psi with the 100 shot , not 80 way to high. check your plugs after a pass and see how rich you are running.

i mounted my sons 88 on the top throttle body bolts, he has a 4" hood.

·
Registered
503 Posts
i noticed you are running a aod . i would buy the msd digital 6.
it will work great with the aod. put your timing up to 16-18 degrees, and set the retard back to 10-12 degrees for spray.
so you launch stong on motor and when the micro switch engages the digital 6 will retard the timing for spray.
cause now you are launching at 11 degrees on motor for n20 , so you ain't launching at full power.

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i agree on the dig 6. i have one on the race car. he just started college and is broke. his aod is having problems shifting into 2nd on the spray also.

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
has pi 2800 nonlockup, hardened input shaft, transgo shift kit, upgraded od servo. we leave it in drive and shifts fine n/a

·
Registered
503 Posts
my sons 88 hatch, has a 3500 stall , 1 pc hardened shaft, p/a vavle body, its full manual with trans brake and electric overdrive, and a new front pump. we spray a 250 wet with no problems.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts