Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
here is my problem i have an 88 gt it has a stock motor stock heads an e303 cam 30# inj vortech s trim and fmu if i tri to rev the car it acts like im am hitting a rev limiter about 3400 or when you drive it and hit 3400 it is like you turn the key off until you let off the gas. the car is still speed density and i know it is not a fuel problem or ignition problem but when you take the belt off the blower the car runs great do you think it is an air/fuel problem from the speed density or something else would apperciate the imput
i also tried unpluggin the fmu that did not help

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
Has it ever worked right? I haven't heard of many people putting a blower on a SD car considering the fact that it would wig out the MAP sensor. Maybe they do, I just have always told people and heard of everyone switching over to Mass Air. As far as your problem... it is more than likely a fuel problem... that's the exact thing that happens when you either A) blow out the spark in your plugs... need to get cooler temp plugs. or B) have a very poor A/F ratio under boost. My buddies car did this exact thing when his FMU was way out of whack. We changed the plugs, tinkered with initial fuel pressure and the FMU pressure and got it working again.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts