Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
952 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey i installed steeda springs, and now my front wheels have that ricer lean in them. i was thinking about getting pro3i CC plates. are they good? also, do they do anything besides allow for more alignment?

gino

·
Registered
4,239 Posts
They are pretty good.they even offer a 4th bolt hole for stronger bracing for those that road race.Plus 4 bolts is always better than three.I havem and lovem.

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
I have them, put it on an alignment machine and got the settings we wanted. The settings I used where full caster, -1.5 camber, and 0 toe. They offer just enough movement to correct lowering springs and provide some road race setting. If your going full road race, probably want to look at other c/c plates that provide greater movement. Heres a pic http://www.vrtical.corral.net/enginebay1.jpg

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
Are they easy to install? I just got done installing a tubular K member and Longtubes on my cobra, so these couldn't be much worse, right?

Will they work with the stock Strut Tower Brace? Do the plates stick forward(towards the front of the car) any more than the stock plates?

I am due up for an alignment since the addition of the K-member and I want them to be able to change more settings and get rid of some of the excess negative camber that I have. Plus, I think the caster on the passenger side has changed, because the tire now rubs at full lock and it didn't used to do that prior to the K-member.

Anyone else have these C/C Plates?

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
blue88mustang said:
Are they easy to install? I just got done installing a tubular K member and Longtubes on my cobra, so these couldn't be much worse, right?

Will they work with the stock Strut Tower Brace? Do the plates stick forward(towards the front of the car) any more than the stock plates?

I am due up for an alignment since the addition of the K-member and I want them to be able to change more settings and get rid of some of the excess negative camber that I have. Plus, I think the caster on the passenger side has changed, because the tire now rubs at full lock and it didn't used to do that prior to the K-member.

Anyone else have these C/C Plates?
Installation is pretty easy, directions provide are decent.

The 4 bolt c/c plates are specific if you are using k-member/coilovers or plan too. They will work on a stock strut tower brace with no problems, you just need to drill the 4th hole using a 27/64 drill bit. One trick to install is if you have excessive negative camber install the plates all the way to the outside of the fender before drilling 4th hole (the 3 original plate holes are adjustable) this will give you plenty of adjustment to correct over negative camber. The c/c plates are stock mount location and offer +/- caster movement meaning you can put more positive caster than stock position. I just installed a set on a 96 Cobra with C springs and fixed the problem of too much negative camber

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
Doug,

What do you mean by they are "specific if you are using or plan to use coilovers"?? I plan on going with coilovers when I can afford them, but for now I am on a tight budget.

Do they have different instructions or different c/c plates for those using/planning on Coil-overs??

Thanks.

Patrick

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
blue88mustang said:
Doug,

What do you mean by they are "specific if you are using or plan to use coilovers"?? I plan on going with coilovers when I can afford them, but for now I am on a tight budget.

Do they have different instructions or different c/c plates for those using/planning on Coil-overs??

Thanks.

Patrick
What I meant is these c/c plates are 4 bolt and can be used with k-member and coilovers. There are slight differences in the directions from what I remember, but both are stated and easy to follow. Some 3 bolt c/c plates are not meant for coilovers, think its a strength issue. I have a stock k-member, but will be going with a new one with coilovers and use the same c/c plates

1 - 9 of 9 Posts