Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, i have a 73 or 76 c&l housing and wondering if i can remove the pro m meter from its 3 inch tube housing and install on c&l. Reason is im procharged and need the shortter housing. Thx

·
Registered
22,415 Posts
it may fit, but it wont correctly measure the air mass, if that doesn't bother you, run it

engines are not that expensive, just have one on order

or, make it fit correctly

·
Registered
910 Posts
It’s like .008 difference between tube diameters. I’m sure it’ll be fine.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Im running 30# injector @ moment and im supercharged 10# of boost.. i think im to small of injector and bought a set 80# injectors. I have no tune at moment so wanted to try out pro-m and play with fuel pressure for now..

·
Registered
404 Posts
I would strongly suggest against that even if it fits, it'll only add more variables to a tail chasing setup. Tune and injector/MAF matching would be my first priority.

·
Registered
910 Posts
Im running 30# injector @ moment and im supercharged 10# of boost.. i think im to small of injector and bought a set 80# injectors. I have no tune at moment so wanted to try out pro-m and play with fuel pressure for now..
You’d do yourself far better if you just got the car tuned.
Playing with fuel pressure doesn’t count as tuning lol.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yea i know tunning will be far better.. just wanted the car to be able to idle and run until holley efi kit arrives.. dont want to spend the money on a dyno tune shop because im working on my next combo comming together which consist of a dart block iron eagle, 331, afr 185, procharged..

·
Registered
2 Posts

If you add the 30 lb injectors to the 10 lbs of boost and then multiply by 8 for the number of cylinders you have and divide by four, for the number of cylinders in each bank you should get 80 # injektors.

Now when you swap meters you don't want to use those wimpy security style screws you have now to hold in the new meter. Go out to your local parts store and get some JB Weld (unless you already have some) and properly secure that sucker to the housing.

Don't be bashful, get liberal with the JB Weld. The excess will ooze into the housing tube and streamline the airflow inside tube airflow adding a few extra lbs of air (at a minimum) to the engine air feed. If you use enough JB Weld it is like a CAI system but a lot less expensive. As luck would have it, this secret tuning tip will lean out your mixture giving you superior top end power w/o spending any money on a tune — how good is that!!

I think you are sneaking up on the proverbial screaming hot set up. Shucks this is like finding the Holy Grail (you do know this was a life long quest for Indy)

Your friend in Time and Space

Ed

·
Registered
14 Posts
I seriously dont see how its running 10lbs now with #30 inj and the maf that close to turns in the intake. ?
#80 are WAY too much for the combo ..Hope ya have a BIG fuel system.

·
Registered
910 Posts
Have pops racing explain why 80# injectors are NOT too much for that combo....if he can't, find a new tuner.
No kidding.

I’ve yet to see an engine suffer due to “too much injector.”

1 - 20 of 21 Posts