Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have decided to put a supercharger on my 95 ..it's a Anderson tuner Si kit
With power pipe...
Car has 306 Cobra motor and HD T-5 with just a b303 with 1.72 rockers.

I'm going to change heads ,cam ,intake.
Shooting for 450 + at wheels.

I'm going to do PRO-M EFI .. Im already planning on pro-m80 mass and 42 lb injectors and COP from pro M.

Now the question is should I stay with a long runner intake like Holley, trick flow R, or eldelbrock EFI 5.0 or should I just get the whole kit from PRO-M and use the PRO-M intake and 1000cfm PRO-M throttle body and charger hat.
I do like that look and this is not a daily it's just a toy for cruise in and fun .

The heads and cam I not 100% sure about yet but something along the lines of 190 11 R heads or TW 170 maybe a Anderson B31HR cam

·
Registered
448 Posts
I think either way will work and get the job done, It’s a matter of what you like better.
I will say tho I had a 347 with a victor efi and it would still buck under 1300-1400 rpm and was told it was because the runners didn’t have enough velocity. The pro-m intake runners are even shorter so you might have that problem since you only have a 306. Since it will be supercharged I think that will help tho. Just something to keep in mind.

·
Registered
1,940 Posts
I think either way will work and get the job done, It’s a matter of what you like better.
I will say tho I had a 347 with a victor efi and it would still buck under 1300-1400 rpm and was told it was because the runners didn’t have enough velocity. The pro-m intake runners are even shorter so you might have that problem since you only have a 306. Since it will be supercharged I think that will help tho. Just something to keep in mind.
Did you have a pump over 190lph on the stock return lines? Chris advised against this because at low duty cycle the lines can’t return the amount of fuel being pushed through, thats the way I understood it anyway.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I am running 410 gears also
I like the look of the 5.0 EFI Victor it keeps both valve covers more open and the hat on carb look...
The trick flow R runner style look shorter also but been trying to find good pics of it on cars hard to find right angle ..

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Did you have a pump over 190lph on the stock return lines? Chris advised against this because at low duty cycle the lines can’t return the amount of fuel being pushed through, thats the way I understood it anyway.

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
put whatever intake you want. the pro m can handle it.

if you dont already have injectors, get them from pro m. i would just go right to the 75#. dont worry the pro m can handle the running.

get the b31 instead. you wont regret it.

I have the same Anderson kit on my 408 with b31 cam.

get the 190r head. ive heard plenty of ptv clearance. and you can always use it on a bigger engine.

Im not sure of what the specs of your pistons are but i would want to keep it 9-9.5:1.

also look into the fpr sensor and the flex fuel option. both are worth their weight in gold.

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
do the fuel system. get the pro m hanger or the aeromotive drop in with a 340lph. Vortech blue rails fit great.

listen to Chris. he wont steer you wrong.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
put whatever intake you want. the pro m can handle it.

if you dont already have injectors, get them from pro m. i would just go right to the 75#. dont worry the pro m can handle the running.

get the b31 instead. you wont regret it.

I have the same Anderson kit on my 408 with b31 cam.

get the 190r head. ive heard plenty of ptv clearance. and you can always use it on a bigger engine.

Im not sure of what the specs of your pistons are but i would want to keep it 9-9.5:1.

also look into the fpr sensor and the flex fuel option. both are worth their weight in gold.
Don't have nothing at the moment but the new supercharger kit.
I had thought about going to 60lb injectors just in case I upgraded over the winter..lol dart block or something..lol
It's just 30 over flat tops

·
Registered
448 Posts
When I bought the car it came with either a 155 or 190 can’t remember but I did swap it out for the 255 and still had the stock fuel lines, it had no effect as far as the bucking at low rpm.

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
a decent intake, b31 cam, basically any aluminum head, Anderson kit will get you 450 np.

hell get an sn95 cobra intake, gt40x heads, reuse your rockers, b31 cam, 9333pt head gaskets, studs and call it a day. 64cc if you can find them.

you will see 15#s with that kit. np at all

·
Registered
448 Posts
Don't have nothing at the moment but the new supercharger kit.
I had thought about going to 60lb injectors just in case I upgraded over the winter..lol dart block or something..lol
It's just 30 over flat tops
Like mentioned above, it’s a good idea to upgrade the fuel pump hanger. And get fuel lines that handle e85 just in case you ever go that route. And if you’re buying injectiors just go with 80lbs or pro-m 75s

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

• a decent intake, b31 cam, basically any aluminum head, Anderson kit will get you 450 np.

hell get an sn95 cobra intake, gt40x heads, reuse your rockers, b31 cam, 9333pt head gaskets, studs and call it a day. 64cc if you can find them.

you will see 15#s with that kit. np at all
  • I have the intake and gt40 3 bar heads on it now 24 lb injectors etc . Hell the 95 even has A9L in it with the fan controller...lol

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I'm also running cervinis cobra cowl hood it's supposed to be 3 1/2 rise but don't really look like it had thought that about a trick flow R Box but I'm not sure the hood would still close

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
keep the cobra and get the lower ported. do you know what kind of valve reliefs you have? maybe run a 2.02 intake valve.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Any short runner intake is going to lose torque and power down low compared to longer runner intakes, even with a supercharger. They will make more peak power provided you turn the engine high enough to take advantage of the shorter runners. It just depends on where you want your powerband.

I agree with others who have said to go larger than 42# injectors. If you want 450 to the wheels, that's about 530 at the crank let's say. 42s are about maxed at 550.

·
Premium Member
5,796 Posts
Q. I have decided to put a supercharger on my 95 ..it's a Anderson tuner Si kit
With power pipe...
A. Nice setup for your car.

Q. I'm going to change heads ,cam ,intake.......Shooting for 450 + at wheels.
A. If 450rwhp is the goal, no need to change the parts you mentioned above. But, with a stock block, your still taking chances even at 450rwhp breaking. Mike Freedman and I built many stock block combos that made 400 to 425rwhp that are still going strong today. To make it last, I would plan for 400 to 425rwhp until you can purchase a better shortblock.

Q. I'm going to do PRO-M EFI .. Im already planning on pro-m80 mass and 42 lb injectors and COP from pro M.
A. Larger injectors like 60's would be a better choice, along with the Pro-M fuel pump hanger if you decide to add a fuel pump larger than 155lph. But if you decide on making 400 to 425rwhp, the 42's will be fine.

Q. Now the question is should I stay with a long runner intake like Holley, trick flow R, or eldelbrock EFI 5.0 or should I just get the whole kit from PRO-M and use the PRO-M intake and 1000cfm PRO-M throttle body and charger hat. I do like that look and this is not a daily it's just a toy for cruise in and fun.
A. John Janek and I have discussed this before in length, and we both agree, short runner intakes will make "LESS" average RWHP and RWTQ versus a long runner intake when rpms are limited to 6500 rpms, and it doesn't matter if you use a supercharger or turbo. Always select your intake based on RPM shift point of the engine.

Q. The heads and cam I not 100% sure about yet but something along the lines of 190 11 R heads or TW 170 maybe a Anderson B31HR cam.
A. For 400 to 450rwhp, your heads, cam and intake are capable of making that with the Vortech Si supercharger.

Good luck
Michael Plummer

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
  • Michael Plummer I want to thank you for all the videos you made on the PRO-M EFI I have watched all of them plus many others you made .
  • After learning how easy pro-m was to use it became a no brainier for me.
  • I was also a auto tech for over 20 years and being able to go OBD2 also was a big plus.
  • Now that I have my own small business and much older in life I don't always have alot of extra time on my hands to tune and test drive for days or to run to the Dyno .
  • This is why I decided to go PRO-M EFI

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
to get 425 rwhp is going to take some boost. I would like to make a suggestion:

get the pro m, fuel system, etc hooked up. Get the pro m 80 and 75# injectors. I love the 75# because ive had them running on a stock longblock with np with the pro m efi.

Get the whole thing up and running. become familiar on what does what.

Later on drop a badass 8.2 deck combination and enjoy it that afternoon. without a trip to the tuner.

·
Premium Member
5,796 Posts
Q. to get 425 rwhp is going to take some boost.
A. Hypothetically speaking, if the engine made 300HP, it will take 14.7psi to double the HP to 600HP. Not hard to make 450rwhp with 14.7psi and his combination of engine parts but you already knew that :)

See ya
Michael Plummer

1 - 20 of 32 Posts