Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't know if this is old news or not.. but I just got off the phone with SVT.. the price for the 03 Cobra is $34,750.00 for the coupe and $38,750.00 for the convertible.. this is MSRP...

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ttt

·
Registered
131 Posts
Well guys! I ordered mine today!

Sonic Blue with Medium Parchment and Chrome Wheels.

He (Sales Guys) assured me that I would at worst case get MSRP so I can live with that!

:D :joy: :joy: :joy: :D

·
Registered
448 Posts
I called the dealer today that I ordered mine from and they had no info on pricing or the length of the delay from the chrome wheel option. Maybe I need to call SVT?

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
97DOHC said:
I called the dealer today that I ordered mine from and they had no info on pricing or the length of the delay from the chrome wheel option. Maybe I need to call SVT?
From what I got from SVT, the chrome wheels are on order hold.. and if you have them on your order, your order will be moved to the fall build. They will be kept in the same order that they were received for the early build, but will be built on the 2nd build..

·
Registered
120 Posts
Dealership in this city says that he is getting 3 03 Cobras and that one is already sold the other 2 will be looking at a 2-5k mark up from MSRP:mad:

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Tim99GT said:
Oh well, I was hoping it would be more around $32,000 or so.

Try to get an "A" or"X" plan & that will knock it down to around $32k..for the coupe I would think.

·
Registered
75 Posts
unklshu said:
Dealership in this city says that he is getting 3 03 Cobras and that one is already sold the other 2 will be looking at a 2-5k mark up from MSRP:mad:
I know of 2 dealers here in town, one in Indiana and one in Fort Knox that is charging MSRP and will probably deliver if your interested. Shoot me a PM.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Still too damn much money.

Is a '03 Cobra coupe worth $7K more than a Mach 1?

Is a '03 Cobra vert worth $10K more than a GT vert? No way.

I bought my '99 Cobra vert new for $28K in Jan 2000. 27 months later, Ford wants $10K more.

I'll wait for the '05s.....

·
Registered
817 Posts
ITZKEV

not to sound rash,

but, take your cobra to a performance shop, get a quote on the same type of blower (and i believe intercooler, maybe not), r&r'ing your engine with forged pistons and rods, putting it all back together with a custom dyno tune.

You may be surprised at how much thats going to run you.

plus the fact that you get to keep your warranty with the blower.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I hear your Beefcake and I respect your opinion and experience, but really, $10K buys a lot of parts and dyno time doesn't it?

With the experience you've had with the Cobra, have you been able to develop a $/HP ratio? Is each 10HP worth $1K?

Regarding the warranty, it's a fair point IF the Service Manager plays ball when he sees the K&N, flowmasters...

Again, thanks for your feedback--you cast a big shadow here in Ohio.

·
Registered
2 Posts
$35k...for a car rated at 390 h.p. and that is rumored will dyno at 400+ rwhp...backed by the factory...not a bad deal. A hot topic on the camaro pages right now. Magazine editors that were at the dyno and road test would not give specifics but said it dynoed well over 360 rwhp. it played w/ well, with an '02 Z06 . The tests should be in the mags within the next 60 days .

·
Registered
51 Posts
ITZKEV said:
Still too damn much money.

Is a '03 Cobra coupe worth $7K more than a Mach 1?

Is a '03 Cobra vert worth $10K more than a GT vert? No way.

I bought my '99 Cobra vert new for $28K in Jan 2000. 27 months later, Ford wants $10K more.

I'll wait for the '05s.....

Hey Chief,do you think the price is going to stay the same as it is now for the '05 model?Gee,maybe Ford will see the light and lower the price in two more years with a brand new body style.Just for you.Yeah,sure they will.I've got a great idea,why dont you pull your head out of your a$$,and wake up.Every time the auto manufacturers do something new they charge more for it.I dont care if they change the tail lights and give you more blinker fluid,you pay more.Thats the price of doing buisiness,its called inflation.And a completely new body style,well I for one wouldn't be surprised if a 2005 Cobra was $40,000.Better start saving now, Diamond Jim...:p

·
Registered
817 Posts
it's not just the hp you gotta look at,

you could get the blower and slap it on, it's the rebuild thats really going to cost you dollar.

the forged parts are going to be the reliability factor

1st, the car is going to be underrated, i guarantee it,

then, you are going to be able to put a chip and pulley on this car and it will be making well over 400 at the wheels. about 500hp,

for those that pay over msrp, they are crazy, but if you wait for the 2nd run, i guarantee you, i would get one for abour 32k that will be about 6k more than the 99, i definately think its worth it

these cars are going to respond like lightnings.

with a $250 pulley and a $350 chip, i am putting 396rwhp and 493 ft/lbs

thats 495 crank HP and 616 ft/lbs! Not too shabby, compare that to a stock f150

the same will go for this cobra

·
Registered
3,540 Posts
Like Beefcake says...If the 03 Cobra is the kind of car you want, it is a screaming bargain. To have someone else do the R & D to get it all working together, is worth a lot of money. Then include the warranty (and financing if you need it) and ...it's a good deal.

Some of you have no idea what's involved in getting a hi HP car to run well. Just buying the parts is only a small part.

I do believe Ford will be on the lookout for mods that void the warranty. If I were to buy one, I would only do mods (at least for a while), that are not so obvious. If you have to leave on the stock headers and H pipe, I doubt if changing out anything downstream of that adds much power. Noise draws the attention of service writers, and doesn't really add power downstream of the cats. You won't gain much changing out stock filter. I might do gears, shifter, and add some DR's. Pulley and chip would void engine warranty (gears would also, but they probably wouldn't notice), so I would save that til later. Over time, there is probably a lot one can do.

Now...if you were to buy a clean worn out striped down older SN 95 body cheap (10M or less), and spent about 25M on it, you would have a lot more car. But it wouldn't have that new car smell! (or warranty)

·
Registered
131 Posts
I have a 99 and just bought a SuperCharger. I am kicking the idea around only because I will have to update the half shaft, tranny, forged internals, 9" tires and wheels, etc. If you add all of that up it equals more then the 14,000 price difference between the two cars. I feel that it will be a great upgrade and since I bought my car used it should be really nice to have a new one. Still not sure but it is really looking like a nice idea.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts