Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,989 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so ive been doing way to much looking around online,

the car is almost done with the MM catelog, and autox starts april 3rd for me in ct, going to hit up limerock in june im so excited gotta a few lil things i want to finish up before i hit the track...

anyways ive been looking into marier racing products and i really like the front splitter and there front bumper cover, looks awesome and the front splitter would enable me to get rid of the stock airdam, id box in the radiator and it will help with forcing more air over car instead of under it, creating a high pressure area and lifting the hood....

another thing i found is sheet metal spoilers, kind of like the old nascar ons all it is, is a 4inch or more spoiler at a 45 degree angle off the trunk/hatch for more downforce, im thinking i can make one for cheap and even put 4 adjustable links on it like the front splitters, then sell my saleen wing... my questions i guess are is there anyone using this kind of setup and did they feel a difference at the track, honestly i dont want to be the guy with all this racing stuff just for looks, i would actually feel like a front splitter will not just be for looks

·
Registered
5,521 Posts
FWIW, I think I'd spend the money on a driving school or three. The time is more extensive and benefits from instructor feed-back. I found that my nearly stock suspension would do more than I was cable of doing as a driver. Same with the brakes; I treated them and the throttle as on/off switches rather than "rheostats." Takes a long time training yourself to not do that sort of thing as well as learning "smooth", looking ahead and all of the other trates of a good driver. That is why seat time is so important. Once you have enough time to actually feel what the car is doing, you can then correct the issues. This is not to say simply ignoring the known weaknesses of the Fox chassis will somehow resolve with seat time. But having the ultimate handling machine does not provide instant skills either. Spend the time and money driving the car as is.

·
Super Moderator
27,657 Posts
Couldn't agree more. There is no more cost-effective modification than to the "nut behind the wheel". None.

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
+1. Drive it first. There are plenty of non-aero added foxes that haul ass on the track. If you can go fast without aero, you'll be able to go fast with extra aero

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,989 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yea the aero is goin to wait, i was just thinkin about it

·
Registered
90 Posts
HAD A BAD DEALING WITH MAIER, ORDERED THE FENDER FLAIRS 3" AND THEY FIT LIKE ####, MY CAR HADS NEVER SEEN AN ACCIDENT, AND THEY DID NOT LINE UP AT ALL, WHEN I CALLED NO SOLUTION TO PROBLEM, HE SAID THE ONES HE MOCKED UP FIT PERFECTLY.

·
Super Moderator
27,657 Posts
HAD A BAD DEALING WITH MAIER, ORDERED THE FENDER FLAIRS 3" AND THEY FIT LIKE ####, MY CAR HADS NEVER SEEN AN ACCIDENT, AND THEY DID NOT LINE UP AT ALL, WHEN I CALLED NO SOLUTION TO PROBLEM, HE SAID THE ONES HE MOCKED UP FIT PERFECTLY.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts