Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all I am nearing the end of my build and about ready to pull the trigger on a turbo(actually I called to place an order for the Precision 7675 and the shop asked me to look into the 7575). Was wondering if anyone had any experience with either turbo. Would appreciate some real world advice here. My setup is:
4.6 Teksid, Manley H beams and Wiseco Pistons, Ported B heads, 96-98 Cobra Cams, t56 trans looking to be in the 700-800s.
Thanks for any advice guys.

·
Registered
918 Posts
What's the profile on the cams? I'm no expert but it has to do with the trim. Depending on where you make your power would be where the efficiency of the turbo is. Granted, having a bulletproof bottom end is important, the cams and turbos go hand in hand and that's what you should base your selection on.

·
Registered
2,979 Posts
What are the exhaust housing options on the 75/75? What trans? Everyone will have their manufacturer preference, as typically people go back and forth between Precision and Borg. Is the 75/75 billet wheel?

·
Registered
610 Posts
Hello all I am nearing the end of my build and about ready to pull the trigger on a turbo(actually I called to place an order for the Precision 7675 and the shop asked me to look into the 7575). Was wondering if anyone had any experience with either turbo. Would appreciate some real world advice here. My setup is:
4.6 Teksid, Manley H beams and Wiseco Pistons, Ported B heads, 96-98 Cobra Cams, t56 trans looking to be in the 700-800s.
Thanks for any advice guys.
7675 all day especially on a small motor like yours. 7675 is not hard to make a 1000 rwhp with in single form. Good bang for the buck. Go with the .96 turbine and you'll be good to go.

·
Registered
810 Posts
Would the journal bearing precision 7675 be a great choice with the .96? I'm in same boat now looking at the same turbos OP posted. The turbonetics ball bearing billet 7575 is same price as journal precision 7675

·
Registered
610 Posts
Would the journal bearing precision 7675 be a great choice with the .96? I'm in same boat now looking at the same turbos OP posted. The turbonetics ball bearing billet 7575 is same price as journal precision 7675
Yes, journal bearing is all you need. In single form there is enough cubic inches (4.6) to spool the 7675 quick.

·
Registered
2,979 Posts
I researched for a good 6 months and decided on a PTE 7675 .96 AR, but I'm auto. Seems like a real quality turbo, I found the best deal through Chris @ Power Adder Solutions, fyi

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
What are the exhaust housing options on the 75/75? What trans? Everyone will have their manufacturer preference, as typically people go back and forth between Precision and Borg. Is the 75/75 billet wheel?
Will be running a T56 trans and yes the 7575 is billet wheel and a bb turbo. It seems a lot of mod guys have great luck with the 7675 just haven't heard anything about the other turbo. I know a dealer for both and get both at cost. I have been following your build thanks for going into such detail. I am leaning the way you went.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
7675 all day especially on a small motor like yours. 7675 is not hard to make a 1000 rwhp with in single form. Good bang for the buck. Go with the .96 turbine and you'll be good to go.
Thanks for the advice. I was 100% set on that before I went to order and had him recommend me look into the 7575. Still leaning that way.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I researched for a good 6 months and decided on a PTE 7675 .96 AR, but I'm auto. Seems like a real quality turbo, I found the best deal through Chris @ Power Adder Solutions, fyi
I have heard a ton of good things about Chris over at PAS. I know a dealer and have also talked to Chris and his prices are pretty damn close to what cost is.

Reactions: 97stanger97

·
Registered
2,979 Posts
I have heard a ton of good things about Chris over at PAS. I know a dealer and have also talked to Chris and his prices are pretty damn close to what cost is.
Good stuff man, best of luck with it all!

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
Registered
2,979 Posts
1 - 13 of 13 Posts