Ford Mustang Forums banner

41 - 56 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
533 Posts
Have you guys had anyone install a MS3X on a Modular yet?
I am building a 5.4L 80mm turboed engine for my 89 Coupe and I am looking for a stand alone self-tunable system for it when I get it all done. Wiring the harness is not a issue. I am curious about sensors and crank signal. I see it will allow LSx coils too.

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
It's been done - we'd sponsored one car in Drag Week running this combination, but unfortunately it had some teething problems. It's just a 36-1 crank wheel and 1 tooth cam wheel.

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Matt Cramer,
How well would the MSII system work on a Procharged stroker motor (347 or 363) with a blow thru MAF with 42# injectors (going to 80# though) currently on the car now? Would it idle better do you know? I know the MAF is deleted with megasquirt but want to know if can be easily tuned and if anyone has any experience? I drive the car on the street a lot and looking for dependability too. Thanks

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
It idles pretty well and the cam is an off the shelf Comp cam 35-306-8.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Right now we have solder it yourself DIYPNP kits but no assembled plug and play systems for the 2.3 Turbo. We just dyno tested a 2.3 on a DIYPNP, and we may go there with adapter harnesses (or possibly a regular MSPNP).
Did you ever get a adapter harness for a 2.3t available?

·
Registered
4 Posts
What do you mean sort of?
I'm looking to buy a set up for my 84 svo. Is there a package deal?

otherwise might just buy the MSIII

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
There's no knock input, fan output, or boost control. A '84 wouldn't have fan or boost control anyway, so our existing package should work for you. That one WILL need a GM IAT sensor setup as the factory sensor measured the temperature pre-turbo.

·
Registered
951 Posts
What are the differences in this and the PNP system. Looks like two step launch and boost controls and knock sensor and being in stock location ecu. Trying to make up my mind on this. I don't think I would use the launch or boost control but the knock sensor would be cool. My stock block needs conservative timing anyways or it will be in split in half.

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
What are the differences in this and the PNP system. Looks like two step launch and boost controls and knock sensor and being in stock location ecu. Trying to make up my mind on this. I don't think I would use the launch or boost control but the knock sensor would be cool. My stock block needs conservative timing anyways or it will be in split in half.
This one is a basic fuel and ignition controller; the MSPNP has a lot more I/O:

• knock sensor input
  • launch control
  • boost control
  • real time barometric correction
  • peak and hold injector drivers
  • 4 bar MAP sensor (upgraded from a 2.5 bar)

·
Please call me Mike
1,567 Posts
If you aren't worried about assembing something they have a diy option that brings the price of the 2 way closer together.for what it is the mspnp has a good list of features.

·
Registered
7,007 Posts
just completed my order!
that first one worked so good, i think im gonna order another! ;)

besides i still have my full version of TS and MLV, plus my last tune to get me going quicker.

41 - 56 of 56 Posts