Ford Mustang Forums banner

21 - 40 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Hi Matt,
since I already have the 87-93 adapter harness in my car and have repinned it for the injector differences for the 94, could you give me some info on what I need to do for my fan control?
Can I just add 2 wires between the DB end and the EEC end? I cant seem to find which pins on the EEC harness are for fan control on the schematic I have. Thanks :)
Sure. With a standard MS2, pins 27 and 31 on the MS can be used for fan outputs (they're IAC1 and IAC2 respectively).

On the EEC-IV end, low speed fan is pin 55, high speed is 32.

·
Registered
7,007 Posts
Any palns for a MS3 plug and play kit with true sequential fuel injection.
no need, the MS2 spoken about here is an IMPRESSIVE unit! but as the guys at MS have already proven, they arent "restin on their laurels" they have always got something in development. i dont see there being a big advantage of the seq. over batch. but im sure a PNP MS3 is in the works.

·
Registered
7,007 Posts
matter of fact, if im not mistaken, the V3 board can be swapped intot he V2 EMS as an upgrade (i might be wrong).

·
Registered
2,160 Posts
no need, the MS2 spoken about here is an IMPRESSIVE unit! but as the guys at MS have already proven, they arent "restin on their laurels" they have always got something in development. i dont see there being a big advantage of the seq. over batch. but im sure a PNP MS3 is in the works.

True seq is very helpful when running large injectors 120,160 for idle and low throttle.

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
The biggest obstacle to a sequential MS3 setup is the current MS3 code doesn't support the signature PIP cylinder identification (using one tooth shorter than the others to identify the #1 cylinder). This is likely to change but I'm not sure just when.

Or you could swap out the distributor for something else - an AEM EPM, dual sync distributor, or Explorer trigger setup, for example. It just wouldn't be particularly plug and play.

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
I have a ? For you, I've just started to read abought the MS system and would like to tune my own car so I don't have to keep paying for new tunes when I change something. But I hve never tuned a car befor I had Brenspeed tune my 02 with 125 shot they did great but I'd like to do it my self, my car is a 99GT it will have a percision 67mm turbo with 4r70w but it will have a 04 auto mach1 PCM for faster shifts, what all would I need to put this system on my car?? Thanks for any advice

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
I have a ? For you, I've just started to read abought the MS system and would like to tune my own car so I don't have to keep paying for new tunes when I change something. But I hve never tuned a car befor I had Brenspeed tune my 02 with 125 shot they did great but I'd like to do it my self, my car is a 99GT it will have a percision 67mm turbo with 4r70w but it will have a 04 auto mach1 PCM for faster shifts, what all would I need to put this system on my car?? Thanks for any advice
I'm afraid that one is considerably less plug and play. We can build a MS with the mods needed to run this motor, however. This article covers the basics:

http://www.diyautotune.com/tech_articles/how_to_megasquirt_your_ford_modular_mustang.htm

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
So it would be a lil bit harder to work on my car then?

·
Registered
409 Posts
Matt-- would you recommend an assembled MS3/MS3x for this setup? Any mods required to help get this man going? Anything else to consider (gauges/ac/etc)?

Cravens-- that would be a wire in setup so it'd take a bit more effort to install and get going, but it'd be a killer setup with pretty much every feature you're likely to ever want....

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
Matt-- would you recommend an assembled MS3/MS3x for this setup? Any mods required to help get this man going? Anything else to consider (gauges/ac/etc)?

Cravens-- that would be a wire in setup so it'd take a bit more effort to install and get going, but it'd be a killer setup with pretty much every feature you're likely to ever want....
ok I would love to not have to have a retune everytime I make a change that would suck a$$, well i'm not in a super hurry to get it done want to take my time doing every thing, I don't have a motor or trany in the car at the moment eather and want to do the fuel,suspension, and the manament system done for when I get the motor and trans done and then put them in and just tune and drive. I would like to know how much it would cost for the plug and play as much as possable

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
ok I would love to not have to have a retune everytime I make a change that would suck a$$, well i'm not in a super hurry to get it done want to take my time doing every thing, I don't have a motor or trany in the car at the moment eather and want to do the fuel,suspension, and the manament system done for when I get the motor and trans done and then put them in and just tune and drive. I would like to know how much it would cost for the plug and play as much as possable
An MS3 would work great for this - I'm working with another customer to get some of the settings ironed out. Right now we would only be able to offer a wire in system as a truly plug and play setup would take a good bit of new parts designed - either a complicated set of harnesses and ignition modules, or a unique ECU like the Miata MSPNPs. Not something we could build to order, but we have been thinking about what might be the next logical step after rolling out the 5.0 system...

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
I've installed radio systems befor would the wire in kit be real hard to do then I just don't wana get in over my head and do something wrong and mess up a lot of stuff

·
Registered
52 Posts
Probably not - one of the reasons for end of year sales is because we're taxed on how much inventory we have at the end of the year. :)
Bummer. A buddy of mine just turned me on to you guys so I missed the boat on the sale. Guess I'll just have to save a few more pennies.

·
Registered
7,007 Posts
ggrrrrrr! a manual specific for this product would be SOOOO awesome! i seem to zone out before i can harvest the info that applys to me in the megamanual. :crying:

21 - 40 of 56 Posts