Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I notice that some front drag brake kits (aerospace and strange) suggest using a different master cylinder. Is it absolutely necessary to change master cylinders or convert to manual when installing the front kits? I am planning on leaving the rear drums alone. This is a 93 lx with the stock power brake booster/ master cylinder. Has anyone done this with success or is it absolutely necessary to change?

·
Registered
959 Posts
subscribing.

I have Strange's drag brake kit on mine, but haven't driven the car yet and had planned on keeping the power brakes. I remember searching around on turbomustangs.com and several were keeping there power brakes, but I don't remember off hand how many of them were drag brake kits.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have been doing some more searching and it looks like maybe the powerbooster is not the issue at hand. It's the bore size of the master cylinder. Although I do not understand how the master cylinder on the car would not be able to handle these brake kits when it will handle the stock front disk brakes..... The 93 Cobra master cylinder is only 100 bucks and is a 1 inch bore. This maybe an option if necessary. Can anybody clarify this?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts