Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
771 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I got to have some fun in Bristol at the end of the Hot Rod Power Tour. For $25 they let you take pics of your car on pit road of the Bristol Motor Speedway(nascar track) then they took you on the track for 5 laps. Rules were no passing and stick to 65mph. After a lap or two, I started to lay back some in the turn and hit coming down the hill of the turn and but we could carry the speed through the turn because of the pace car. I hit 75-80mph a few times. The video does not do it justice, but it was AWESOME!!! I could quit smiling for hours!

Here is the video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FvwZjhi56-g

Barry

·
Banned
239 Posts
freaking cool. Well worth 25.00.

·
Registered
771 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Pic of the car on pit road...

·
Registered
54 Posts
Very cool vid, and a very cool event. We went over to Bristol on Friday and I could not believe how many cars were there. I stopped and took a couple pics of your car, it is very clean!
This was our first time at a power tour event, next year we plan on doing at least a couple of legs all depending on the route.

·
Registered
771 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
We are definitely doing it again next year. The drive from Somerset KY to Bristol was a blast. 1000 hot rods running down back roads at the same time! It was great!

Thanks for the compliment. I felt out classed with some of the cars that were there, but mine is still on original paint and such. One of these days I'll tear it down and bring it back up new again.

Barry

·
Registered
880 Posts
We are definitely doing it again next year. The drive from Somerset KY to Bristol was a blast. 1000 hot rods running down back roads at the same time! It was great!

Thanks for the compliment. I felt out classed with some of the cars that were there, but mine is still on original paint and such. One of these days I'll tear it down and bring it back up new again.

Barry
i took some pics of your car. wish i knew it belonged to you, woulda stuck around and conversated for a bit. and yeah the run down from somerset was badass to say the least.

·
Registered
5,448 Posts
We did the 06 Power Tour, but only three legs. Been waiting to do another but so far, the treck to get there has been prohibative. Anyway, I agree; something about a bunch of hot rods roaring down the road - pretty kool scene. The locals got a kick out of it too; people lining the street for the "parade" and the local news guys talking to the various drivers as we waited at bottle necks. I forgot how smelly carbed cars are.

·
Registered
771 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Carbs smelling....I thought that was the Chevy's that stink so bad.....

Barry

1 - 9 of 9 Posts