Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an aftermarket ps reservoir. The cap it came with (cnx racing or something similar cbx idk) has a tiny breather pin hole in the top. Problem is that it leaks out that pin hole when driving. Not enough to be a problem but enough I have to wipe it off now and then.

Question is if I switch to one that does not have the hole will it cause issue? I believe this moroso one they sell at summit racing Jegs etc should for the container. It's a screw on style not like the factory cap. I think the factory cap has some kind of breather but I don't recall haven't had that one in many years.

·
Registered
289 Posts
The vent it needed to allow for the pressure to equalize as the system warms up and cools down. So the vent is needed.

Just wondering. What is the fill level with the motor running? Is it below the full line? It seems to me that an over filled condition should be the first thing ruled out.

·
Registered
1 Posts
The post is interesting. The content explores the power steering question. Power steering problems can occur for various reasons. If you have the issue, you should identify your problem and get your vehicle to turn easily yet again. Some of the common power steering problems include loss of fluid, worn pump, the air in the system and clog in the system. When troubles happen in the power steering system, they can most often be attributed to errors in the fluid or pump.

Thanks,

1 - 3 of 3 Posts