Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this is a NOOB post. I just bought my first mustang and decided to try good ol american muscle instead of fwd turbo's

My car is an 89 LX 5.0 5sp

I just bought, gt40 iron heads, gt40 tmoss ported lower (haven't decided on upper yet), zex dry shot kit (75 shot), motive gear 3.73 gears

any suggestions? guesses on 1/4 mile times and power with this set up?

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I know this is a NOOB post. I just bought my first mustang and decided to try good ol american muscle instead of fwd turbo's

My car is an 89 LX 5.0 5sp

I just bought, gt40 iron heads, gt40 tmoss ported lower (haven't decided on upper yet), zex dry shot kit (75 shot), motive gear 3.73 gears

any suggestions? guesses on 1/4 mile times and power with this set up
bone stock other than mods listed. (power windows, no a/c, hatch)

elevation is around 2k above sea level.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I think i found some 26x8x15 slicks to put on my spare pair of 10 holes. What should I do next?

MAF
Throttle Body
shocks
exhaust
subframe connectors

opinions?????

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
Are you actually going to run it and complete this thread, or are you just posing the question, should you ever get a wild hair to run it? This is about the 13,000th post of it's kind. Unless we get to finish, don't start jerkin'.

with factory cam and unported heads, 255rwhp. [email protected]

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Are you actually going to run it and complete this thread, or are you just posing the question, should you ever get a wild hair to run it? This is about the 13,000th post of it's kind. Unless we get to finish, don't start jerkin'.

with factory cam and unported heads, 255rwhp. 13.8 at 102

yeah, I know how this is one of those posts that every NOOB asks. I'm not new to forums, just new to this one. I fully intend on running the car at the track. It's going to be a little while before I'm able to put the heads on because I'm saving for good ARP's and Cometic head gaskets. Funding is slow because I'm in the process of building my dedicated track car.

I'm hoping to have everything done before mid September so I can take it out to the local track for my anniversary (first date, she asked me to the track LMAO)

·
Registered
3,318 Posts
just the regular ones or the performance ones? And are the ARP's needed? I was looking at the ARP head bolts (a lot cheaper than the studs)
The cheap stock replacement HGs and ARP bolts have worked great for me !! I ran them with a zex dry 150 shot for about 10 bottles then I switched to turbo and been running as much as 14psi for a few years now

Not being an ass but being a FWD/turbo guy your gonna NOT gonna get your best times right off the bat.. I say high 13's on motor and low 13's to high 12's on the bottle. it takes a min to get use to it. TRUST me I switched from a modded 91 talon YEARS ago and still try to compensate for torque steer lol

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The cheap stock replacement HGs and ARP bolts have worked great for me !! I ran them with a zex dry 150 shot for about 10 bottles then I switched to turbo and been running as much as 14psi for a few years now

Not being an ass but being a FWD/turbo guy your gonna NOT gonna get your best times right off the bat.. I say high 13's on motor and low 13's to high 12's on the bottle. it takes a min to get use to it. TRUST me I switched from a modded 91 talon YEARS ago and still try to compensate for torque steer lol

good to know, A complet fel pro head set and arp bolts will be under $200. That's gonna save me alot of cash.

I'm looking forward to learning how to drive the car better. I won't miss torque steer ;) I was even looking at doing equal length half shafts to get rid of it on my rice rocket LOL

1 - 12 of 12 Posts