Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
994 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My FMS T5Z finally gave up the ghost. So it's time to upgrade. Please list what combo you're running(type of trans, clutch, torque converter, etc...) and how much you like it or you would like to change about it. :king:

·
Registered
994 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Post your current power level too, please(everyone). :)

·
Registered
864 Posts
AOD built by Dana Sniff out of the garage at his house
full manual valve body with trans brake and electric OD delete
3000 non lock up converter
one piece input shaft
alto red clutches with kolene steels (extra clutches in first and second)
A++ OD servo
mechanical diode
2" OD band
+2 quart aluminum oil pan

most power put through it so far was 630rwhp with no issues so far. tranny was built years ago and has never been serviced (other then filter change). hoping the new motor will put down 800-900rwhp and the only change i have made to the tranny is i installed an inline magna filter

·
Formerly eades5.0
4,716 Posts
Hughes Glide and Hughes 9.5" Converter. After 2 seasons of racing (over 100 passes) and a few thousand street miles it needed almost nothing when I took it in for freshin up.
Not sure on power but [email protected] at 3320lbs.

I'm very happy with it.

·
Registered
1,977 Posts
AOD built by who knows...bought the car that way...Mild stall..around 2500 i need way more...around 500 rwhp...didnt get to run it yet...Im alot of help huh....:rofl:

·
Registered
7,611 Posts
vier spec T56

spec stage 3+

725/725 to the tires

·
Premium Member
822 Posts
I've got less than 20 miles on my new setup but I'll share.

98+ 4R70W case with 4R75 hard parts, preformance clutches, Lentech valve body with transbreak, dirty dog C6 style non lockup 3600 stall converter,

I couldn't ask for a better tranny so far. (it's my first real one)

Haven got on the dyno yet but we think it's 550 ish to the tires on 12psi

Robert

·
Registered
2,012 Posts
Self build 4r70w with extra clutch, Pa manual valve body with transbrake , ptc custom torque converter, B&m hammer shifter, B&M trans cooler with 6an hose, glowshift blue digital trans temp gauge.

·
Registered
7,611 Posts

·
Registered
3,095 Posts
Nelson Temple built C4.

Good clutches and steels, rollerized, etc

PTC 10" torque converter

Car makes 530-575 hp depending on boost and timing.

I love it so far.

·
Registered
433 Posts
not sure on HP went 3200# 10.30s 135+ mph lifting at 1000ft. But the trans is home built C4, kevlar lined bands red clutches 5 in each drum and real good fluid and a big ass cooler with a TCI 3800 stall full manual valve body. This trans build is 3years old with lots of runs and street miles on it.

·
Registered
1,850 Posts
TR glide built by me. PTC valvebody with brake,kevlar band with extra clutchs in high gear, Turbo spline input shaft with a BTE converter. Gets street driven alot and about 15-20 pass's on it also with no issues. Only thing I might change is the converter. Added alittle more power and need to tightin it up some.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts