Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just want to see what times some blown 98 cobra verts are running at the track. I'm gonna buy my dad's bright atlantic blue 98 cobra vert after i sell my car and will probably supercharge it along with doing some exhaust, intake work and some gears. I'd like to run 11's. Would this be a lot of trouble with the vert?

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
A buddy of mine just got his 98 Cobra vert back from PHP last week. Motor is Bone stock from intake to oil pan. Mods are: JBA 1 5/8" shorty's, Bassani off-road X-pipe, Borla cat-back, Vortech w/ aftercooler, stock Vortech pulley, tune, 4.10 gears and ET Streets. First time at track with ET Streets and the Vortech

1.81 60ft
7.69 @ 94.3 mph 1/8th
11.76 @ 122+mph 1/4 Check out that MPH!!! :eek: :eek: :eek:

Wait till he gets the launch down so the 60ft times get down in the 1.6x range. Can you say 11.30's!!! :D

Hope that helps.

Also, his tune is EXTREMELY, I mean EXTREMELY mild and he is only spinning it to 6500 RPM! Again, trying to be as safe as possible with the stock bottom end. There is ALOT left in it if he decides to test his luck on the stock internals.

·
Registered
340 Posts

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
WIKD 281 said:
I have a 99cobra if this will help you out any? At least its a vert too:D:D
> [email protected] on stock internals> didnt last long but it was fun!

motor.http://www.cafords.com/mpg/01_12_02/wikd281_127mph.mpg

This is a pass that I made against a twin turbo Calloway Vette that was running consecutive 10.8'[email protected]> I havent been to the drap strip much so I dont shift all that fast> still trying to shift much faster:D
Nice run. You only got holeshotted a little! :D

·
Registered
340 Posts
Thanks bud:D I wasnt going against the vette but really against my own time. Cant wait to get back to the track with some E/T drags and forged internals:D:D

·
Registered
74 Posts
Hmmmm I guess i qualify as a heavy vert too!!!!

·
Registered
74 Posts
WIKD 281 said:

whats up bud? Did you ever post as 10secvert?

Yeah for a while when the corral was having problems with the server... couldnt use this one...

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
WIKD 281 said:
Thanks bud:D I wasnt going against the vette but really against my own time. Cant wait to get back to the track with some E/T drags and forged internals:D:D
See I wouldnt be able to resist spanking that Vette!

Hopefully I be joining you guys in the 10's soon. I am thinking it will take at least 550 RWHP!

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
WIKD 281 said:
What tires were you running on that pass?

·
Registered
13 Posts
1999blackcobra said:
Hmmmm I guess i qualify as a heavy vert too!!!!

99BLACKCOBRA I seen you car in the magazine, how do you like the MoTec unit, I went with the 6 speed and strengthen my IRS so I don't think I will ever leave the line as hard as your car, but would love to know if you are happy with the MoTec unit.

Ed

·
Registered
13 Posts
Wicked281 that clip is wild, I hope to follow in your foot steps, I keep watching it over and over again!

·
Registered
74 Posts
BLOWNSVT said:

99BLACKCOBRA I seen you car in the magazine, how do you like the MoTec unit, I went with the 6 speed and strengthen my IRS so I don't think I will ever leave the line as hard as your car, but would love to know if you are happy with the MoTec unit.

Ed

I really like the motec unit.. It has all the tables you need to setup just about anything. It was less expensive the a speed-pro to install as well(depends on which model). But i would definately go with it again. The only problem is that not a whole lot of people know how to program it, so if you go with a motec be sure to find someone who is very good at programing. Well i guess that holds true for any system. Anyhow Good Racing.

Rob

·
Registered
340 Posts
1999blackcobra> What kind of rwhp were you pushing for the 127 mph? Do you have a cage in your car? Do you have any pics? I am getting ready to do one for mine but am unsure what to get. What compression ratio are you pushing with how much boost? Thanks bud!

NOVI> the tires were 10.5 E/T streets @12psi.> couldnt get any traction at all. Going for some E/T drags next.

BlownSVT> Thanks bud!>you like that clip eh?:lol: There are some more movie clips of drag racing online> check out our site!
www.98cobra.com

·
Registered
74 Posts
WIKD 281 said:
1999blackcobra> What kind of rwhp were you pushing for the 127 mph? Do you have a cage in your car? Do you have any pics? I am getting ready to do one for mine but am unsure what to get. What compression ratio are you pushing with how much boost? Thanks bud!

NOVI> the tires were 10.5 E/T streets @12psi.> couldnt get any traction at all. Going for some E/T drags next.

WIKD 281----------->>> i was pushing around 570rwhp to get my heavy vert to 10.4's yes i have a cage in my car. i am running around 9.5:1 pistons and running around 17-18# OF BOOST. Need to get a server to post pics if you want i can email them to you. both Partial and full cage if you want.

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
missouri_guy1973 said:
NOVI, how's the rebuild going?
Slow and expensive. The slow is my fault and the expensive is the just a way of life!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts