JL mids/RF Tweeters in rear
Fi Audio Q 10"
JL e1800d Amplifier
2 Eclipse EA1000 amplifiers

·
Registered
565 Posts
How I sound deadened the car:
http://forums.corral.net/forums/audio/1289416-mustang-gets-little-sound-deadening.html

Still finishing these:

Volt meter:

Still need to glass these in (just decided on how I wanted them to set:

In the doors is the rest of the focal utopia 3-way:

Anyone who is an audiophile knows what this is:

Pair of Morel 4" for the rear fill and a 10" W6 that puts a pair of my 12" M series Memphis (@ 1ohm) to shame:

Installed:

I had about 3 different setups this winter, but changed them as I added a H701 processor. I eliminated my A-pillar center channel speakers and made another set of kicks to aim a little more differently then the originals. Over all it sounds so good it brings a tear to my eye. So clean.

Focal Utopia 3-way is on a PPI PC2150
Morel M428 are on a PC2100
Boston TypeM SE tweets (for sale) in pics on PPI PC225 (in pic)
JL 10W6v2 on PPI PC1400 Special Edition

·
Registered
127 Posts
^ love that box. any specs on it?

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
What length RCA cables is everyone running between their head units and their amps in 1994 - 1998 coupes? Is 12 foot long enough? Or do you need somewhere around 15-17'. No one here says how long their cables are. And I googled through 23 pages and couldn't find what length anyone used for their audio builds. Don't want to buy short, but also don't want a sloppy looking job with extra wire everywhere

Thanks in advance for any offered advice.

·
Registered
565 Posts
^ love that box. any specs on it?
.87 cu ft. Built it for a Morel Ultimo 10". Might sell the enclosure soon and build another one to house a 12. Maybe. On the fence.

·
Registered
565 Posts
What length RCA cables is everyone running between their head units and their amps in 1994 - 1998 coupes? Is 12 foot long enough? Or do you need somewhere around 15-17'. No one here says how long their cables are. And I googled through 23 pages and couldn't find what length anyone used for their audio builds. Don't want to buy short, but also don't want a sloppy looking job with extra wire everywhere

Thanks in advance for any offered advice.
Running Optical here ;)

Depending on where your amps are placed, you can get away with 12'

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
By the way, though I won't have the custom looks that some of you all have done. And though I won't have as serious systems as some of you have....

I have already bought everything and here is what will be going into my '98 Cobra over the next couple weeks:

1) JVC Arsenal KDA95BT head unit (already installed in the car)
2) Polk PA500.4 amp (125w rms x 4 at 4 ohms)
3) 2 sets (for front doors and rear deck) of Infinity Kappa components 680.9CS (90w rms) which were the most power handling 6x8's I could find that would fit under the stock speaker covers.
4) Polk PA1200.1 amp (800w rms x 1 at 2 ohms)
5) 2 Polk MM1040 SVC subs (350w rms each) with each of the 2 in their own single sealed enclosure (the recommended .77 cubic feet of volume) for each of them. So, with the pair of them I will have about 700w rms coming from the subs.

·
I'm a Fox Body expert 'cuz I say so.
712 Posts
I still need to figure out a clean way to mount the amp/sub/EQ but SQ is amazing!

I am running the dash speakers off the deck with 300Hz bass blockers, Door/hatch speakers are getting 125W each, and sub is getting 500W. The EQ is also a line driver.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Well, not quite as fancy as some of the others, more of a budget build I guess. I have all Boss Audio equipment, it was good priced, and Boss kinda fits a Mustang pretty well. I don't think I have more then $800 in the whole thing, and I can always replace with better quality equipment, if I ever get a bug up my a$$. I'm actually pretty happy with the sound quality for what I spent.

Boss head unit
Boss 12" shallow mount subs
Boss component speakers and cross overs
Boss 4" door speakers
Boss 1600 watt mono amp for the subs
Boss 1600 watt 4 way for components and door speakers
Boss 2 farad [i believe] capacitor

Built my own box for the subs, wanted to keep it as small as possible. I wanted to make sure I left room to at least get a donut spare tire in, and still leave room for t-top storage as well. So a sealed box, and a shallow mount sub, helped to keep the size to a minimum.

I wrapped the top in a vinyl, that matched my leather seats the best I could find.

Not quite finished in this pic, but you notice the screws on the lid for the enclosure, the lid is removable for access to the rear shocks, with out removing every thing. The lid has a rubber gasget on it, to keep my box "sealed".

With the hatch closed, it doesn't stick out to bad, and I plan on putting some louvers on at some point anyway.

The piece the amps are mounted to, has cabinet hinges on the bottom. They work nice, as you don't see them from the top, and it allows the lid to swing out and up. The bottom of the sub enclosure angles up, towards the back, so it still leaves me lots of storage space.

I made a brushed aluminum face plate for the head unit, wanted it to match my MC Machine dash plate.

And a crappy pic of the hatch area as it sits now. I'm not real happy with my vinyl work on the very back, I put some "pipping" around the edge, but would still like to redo it eventually, to get rid of the wrinkles.

·
Registered
333 Posts
My 95 Vert system ( IN THE PROCESSOR OF GETTING NEW BETTER EQUIPMENT AND SET UP)

So here is my system I compete in MECA Sound Quality Comps and car does very well for what it is..

SOund Deadened complete car

Made custom kick panels

Fiber Glassed tweeter pod and mounted tweeter

Sound Deadened inside door and made custom 5x7 to 6 1/2 adapter plates and coated them in paint to protect them from the weather

Sound deadened and foamed door panels

Went through the inside and outside door and door panel with sound deadening and covered all the openings with plastic

Did rear seat delete with JL amps

Car took first place in my class (IM on the end left side)

·
Registered
20 Posts
This is my 07 GT running Rockford Punch P1572 5x7 in the doors, P1683 in the rear deck, Prime R2SD4 12" subs in custom fiberglass/MDF boxes, prime R500-1 amp and a Pioneer AVIC-Z2 head unit. Planning on changing the door subs at some point.

·
Registered
7,800 Posts
Question. I put Infinity Reference 6x8's in our 03' Cobra. They are running straight off a Clarion Deck. The sound like ass compared to the EXACT speakers in my Marauder off the factory deck....

Is the factory Mach 460 box they are mounted in causing the "dull" sound coming from them?

Also I am refering to the REAR speakers. The fronts are Reference components and they sound great. Its the Rear that sounds like ass.

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
No, it's the crossovers in the mach 460/1000. I know you said they are wired to the clarion deck, but did you bypass the entire Mach system?
The 6x8s in the the mach system are actual woofers, the "tweets" are for highs AND mids.
Also, at higher volumes, 4 ohm speakers will cut out. I believe the mach system runs on 3 ohms or something like that. I forget.
Here's a site to read. FLEMWORLD All the mach you need to know

·
Registered
7,800 Posts
No, it's the crossovers in the mach 460/1000. I know you said they are wired to the clarion deck, but did you bypass the entire Mach system?
The 6x8s in the the mach system are actual woofers, the "tweets" are for highs AND mids.
Also, at higher volumes, 4 ohm speakers will cut out. I believe the mach system runs on 3 ohms or something like that. I forget.
Here's a site to read. FLEMWORLD All the mach you need to know
I used the factory "high-mid" wires to provide the sound to the speakers from the deck. Infact I have the Mach amps unplugged and out of the car. The Rear ones.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I'm new, here is mine, glad to be here..

New to the forum, just posted a question about big 3 wire upgrade in a 99-04 stang, needing pictures if possible of it

I have all 0 gauge through out, group 34 deka battery in backseats, Sundown SAZ 1500 v3 and 2 American Bass XFL 12's in custom subs up ported enclosure tuned at 34 hz.

Attachments

·
Registered
60 Posts
ImageUploadedByAG Free1402976593.089063.jpg ImageUploadedByAG Free1402976634.286285.jpg

Just starting on mine. 93 convertible. Don't plan on anything wild. Just trying to update the interior a little. Swapped position of hvac unit. Flipped the stock hvac bezel and used a cut down and trimmed face plate from an 04 F150. Still have some trimming and fitting to do but you get the idea.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

61 - 80 of 83 Posts