Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
recently installed my heads and intake and LT on my car and well looks like they will be coming off. In fact along with the whole engine. It is either a stuck lifter or a spun rod bearing because of the awful sound I am getting. The guy that did the heads says that it was because of the increased HP and flow rate in the heads

Wasnt SD was someone I know personally. He builds race engines so he told me to check the lifters and see if it is just those because the oil is perfect.

ahh Any suggestions would be great.

I drove car about 55 miles with the heads swap didnt even beat on it hard yet

Then heard horrible sound coming from engine squeeling and then like a thrown bearing. Hard to explain.

Also where should I order parts if I have to rebuild and what types should I get

·
Registered
65 Posts
Hard to tell from your description, but a stuck cam follower or a spun bearing generally don't make squeeling noises. Did you check the idler pulley? If it's internal, it might also be the timing chains.

·
Registered
951 Posts
The guys on this board are only going to be able to speculate without actually hearing the sound and being able to check it out. Take it to a mechanic before you start tearing it apart. You might get lucky and find out it is not as bad as you think. Good luck to you.

·
Registered
470 Posts
RedStallion98 said:
He builds race engines so he told me to check the lifters and see if it is just those because the oil is perfect.
I do not think your 4.6L engine has lifters. I think it has cam-followers. Is this what your wrench meant???

·
Registered
733 Posts
Maybe you've finally joined the 'crappy throw-out bearing' club?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts