Ford Mustang Forums banner

61 - 80 of 132 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #61
Latest status: LoTek has a Coupe pillar as well as my Vert Pillar. They have decided to make the Coupe and Vert pillars as seperate molds!

They have adjusted the mockup and are shipping it to me for a final test fitting. As soon as I get it I will post pics.

Here is a webshots album of pics of the 99 coupe and 99 vert as well as a 2001 pillar.

http://community.webshots.com/album/30131892wKTOmMCSdg

Thanks everyone .. its moving, just slowly.

RoadRash

·
Registered
150 Posts
I am in if loteck in fact does make a seperate piller for the Coupe. There is no way I am going to cut that down to fit my coupe. Did you guys notice the contouring curves that would need to be followed in order to get a Vert pillar to fit in a coupe. No Way.

Please post the status of the seperate Coupe pillar with 2 and 3 pods. Thanks

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #63
I thought my post was clear ... They ARE making seperate molds for Coupes and Verts.

RR

·
Registered
150 Posts
RoadRash,

I understood what you stating about the pillars for coupes in your previous post. Maybe my post was unclear as to the point I was making. It was more along the lines of I am so glad they are making a seperate pillar for the coupe because there was no way I was cutting the vert pillar. Then I asked for proceeding updates on the pillars for the coupes.

My apologies if it took some reading behind the lines to understand my point.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I am also intrested pls keep me in the loop

·
Registered
480 Posts
Well might as well jump in on this too :) 96 Cobra, black, coupe, 3 gauge pod. Please send me an email with more info. Thanks. [email protected]

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #69
I believe it is 2 1/16"..

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #71
Doubles are $39.99, Triples $44.99 shipped incl your color.

When the mockup is finalized (which should be soon), they will add a "Preorder" button to their website and you can order there.

You have plenty of time there isn't a fixed cutoff on the GP yet.

RR

·
Registered
326 Posts
So we will just use the pre-order button on their website in the future and take care of payment there. Do I still have to e-mail you with the color when I decide and how will Low Tek know it is me when I log on. Also, I may have missed it, but what is there web address.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #73
I'm getting names and preferences so that LoTek will know what to make in which colors and that there is enough interest in a particular style of pillar. I will submit the list to them and they can decide how to handle it.

http://www.gaugepods.com

RR

·
Registered
402 Posts
BUMP!

Roadrash -- Anything new to report on this? Where is LoTek in the process of getting the pods produced and available for order? Curious minds want to know! :D

·
Registered
74 Posts
Yea, i interested in a 3 gauge full setup for an 01 coupe

·
Registered
329 Posts
I'd like to get one for an 01 Coupe also.:drool:

·
Registered
329 Posts
There not making 01s in the full pillar. You will have to get a 2000 pillar.
Are the A-pillars the same dimensions? I don't want something that looks like it doesn't belong.:barf:

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #79
Dudes ...
Please review the thread .. Here is info posted a few msgs back:
-------------
The 99 pillar will fit the 2001's fine. The 2001 pillar has these safety baffles in it so it is shaped differently. If I had a 2001 instead of a 99, I would just but the 99 pillar pod for the left and buy the 99 right pillar (from ford) .. that is only $37 .. then they will match.

I went to the dealer the other day and compared a 99 coupe with my vert. pillar and also a 2001 pillar and IMHO the 2001 looks a little too much different .. but you be the judge.

Here is a webshots album with the more pillar pics and the comparison:
http://community.webshots.com/album/30131892wKTOmMCSdg
-------------
Quick .. email me at [email protected]

- - - - U P D A T E - - - -

Ok, LoTek sent me the final mockup. I test fitted it and all looks good. I took pics. The are on the above webshots addr. I sent it back to them last Sat.

I have asked several questions about gauge size, colors, and ETA!.. they have not responded yet.

I will let everyone know when I hear something.

Thanks for hanging in ..

RR

·
Registered
221 Posts
so you're saying that if I have a 2001 coupe, and I get one of their gauge pods, then I have to buy a right side pillary from an older model year to match? I don't think they even made my color interior in previous years.

Larry

61 - 80 of 132 Posts