Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys, new here. Im putting together a 90 GT stock bottom end, stock cam -4 degrees, FULLY PORTED GT-40 Irons, stock valves, milled .040", scorpion 1.7's, Ported Exploder intake, 90mm lightning MAF, bbk equal lengths, offroad H, and 40 series dumped, with 3.73's, and a T5, A/C eliminator, no smog, and Electric Fan.

Should I go with a 70mm or 75mm throttle body???

Heads should probably flow 225cfm or so on the intake. Will post pics in a month or so.
Will have Summit upper and lower control arms, Already has torque box reinforcements welded in, and will be on ET Street Radials on drag lites with skinnies.

What could I expect in good conditions in the 1/8 with a 1.6x 60', powershifting?
Any thing to do different???? or change???
Which TB??

I also plan to spray AT LEAST a 175 shot of ZEX. Would like to spray a 200 shot. Will be adding an Astro T5 and strange axles into the mix too.

·
Registered
522 Posts
I went with a 75mm throttle body on my set-up....

On a 1.61 sixty foot, I've been 7.60 @ 89.34mph in the 1/8...
On a 1.59 sixty foot, I've been 7.56 @ 89.83mph in the 1/8...
and 11.92 @ 112.03mph in the 1/4..... (on M/T 26 x 8.5" drags)

If you are really wanting the full potential on motor, I would give second thought to running 4.10's....

I'm also a big fan of longtubes... and the dr. gas x-pipe's....
but what you have should do the job....

May I make a suggestion? Get it to the dyno as soon as possible... alot of power can be found there and useful things like figuring out where your shift point will be, etc...

I would also recommend getting a 2-step before you go to the track...

Strange rear shocks were probably the best bang for the buck I added to my suspension....

Good Luck!

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanx man. I posted this cuz I just read your thread.
I have $75 in the full exhaust, and already have the 3.73 in the car, I would love to have some longtubes and a Dr. Gas x-pipe. But cant justify it...You know..
I will go with the 75mm then. I think it could use it.
I also heard there is a dyno in Tuscola. I dunno for sure though, or what they can do for me there.
But my Heads look BEAUTIFUL. I would like to see some times like yours in the 1/8. I want at least 88mph and 7.70's.

·
Registered
16,644 Posts
I would'nt go with the 200 shot on a stock bottom end unless you want an oil pan full of rods!

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
it'll be fine for a while...good reason for an LS2 402ci....just kiddin....maybe??
but a dart block 347ci would be nice with some AFR's.

·
Registered
2,791 Posts
I had a 75mm tb on my gt40 combo. The car ran 7.80's @ 89 mph on bf drag radials..1.71, 60 foot..
Full weight coupe with a/c.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
what will I have to do to make the LMAF run correctly on my car??? I just won a set of 24lb/hr injectors and Need to know whether I should get a C&L 76mm MAF or a 90mm LMAF???....or any other maf in particular???

·
Registered
522 Posts
I have a Speedbrain eec that I input the transfer function into so I could run the LMAF... A few of my friends around here lately upgraded to the LMAF and they decided to go to the dyno and get an SCT chip and have it dialed in that way...

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
where do you you get the Speedbrain, and how much is it?
...I purchased a LMAF and 24lb/hr injectors last nite...

·
Registered
522 Posts
You have to really hunt for them.. ebay, craigslist, etc. and they sell for $250-$450...

·
Registered
711 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

thats fukkin sick! thank you for posting that. I got the car in the garage last nite. I have to port the other head then we'll see what happens....

1 - 17 of 17 Posts