Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

Sorry if this has been covered before, but I did a search and didn't come up with anything relivant. I put the Bullitt suspension kit on my car about 3 months ago and when I put it in I had a popping noise coming from the right rear. I checked it out and it seemed like the spring on that side was moving around a lot and would pop. The kit came with new upper isolators but not lower ones so I thought that maybe my old ones where wore to much. I took the springs back off and put new lower isolators in. That stopped the noise for a while, but it is back.

I have heard that the springs will pop until they settle, but I didn't think that it would take this long for them to settle. This is driving me nuts. If any of you have an idea about what I did wrong or what could be the problem I would appreciate it. I think that I have every thing in here, but if you need any other information please ask and I'll let you know. Thanks.

Shaun

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah I haven't thought of that. I guess that I should have siad when it pops. I hear the noise when I start off from a stop, when I change gears, when I start to come to a stop, and when I back up. It almost seems like the rearend is moving and causeing the spring to pop.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I put both pigtails pointing towards the drivers side of the car. I put them back in the way that they came out. That is correct right?

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
That's correct on the pig tail orientation. If the rear end was moving I doubt the spring would pop because of that. Sounds almost like something is getting snagged. I would check your control arm mouting points like 89GT suggested. Get the car up in the air and do a close visual inspection of your uppers and lowers.

·
Super Moderator
27,653 Posts
Reef your swaybar and LCA bolts down tighter.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks guys. I'll check the sway bar and the LCA's this weekend. I'll be finishing another project on Sunday and then I'll check those.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts