Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5,957 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thinking about replacing my homebuilt headers.
Looking at B&G and Ponydown. B&G has that 8 week wait and I need to get the car done.
How do they hold up?
I want to use them with GT40P heads. Will that be likely to work? B&G says you need to give theirs a rap with the ball peen hammer to get them to work. I am fine with that.
Erich

·
Registered
5,957 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks.
Erich

·
Registered
4,256 Posts
I have a set of the bg twin headers for a 351w....had to do a little clearance work and run manual brakes, but other than that they work well

·
Jersey True Street Guy
3,195 Posts
I have had a number of transactions with Brian. When he gives a time he has been pretty close for me.

Tech support is top notch. Brian has helped guide me on many different aspects of the car, not just turbo hard parts.

I have well over 100 passes and a decent amount of street driving on my setup and it is working great.

·
Registered
5,957 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ok. B&G.
At least I can get a hold of Brian and he is really knowlegable. Better to have someone who is honest with the time than show 6 units in stock on the website and never answer emails or even the phone. Fair warning if you have not got your headers from Feb.
Erich

·
Registered
5,957 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for all the input. I heard back from Ponydown and they said their stuff will not work with either smog pumps or GT40Ps. Also they have a 4-6 week lead time now.

Pulled the trigger on a set of B&G headers-now 9 week lead. But whatever. I will repair my DIY setup in its current configuration and wait. I appreciate that I can get Brian on the phone and talk thru all the details.
Erich

·
Jersey True Street Guy
3,195 Posts
Good move.

·
Registered
5,957 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I like how on his headers, he make the stress points thicker-ie 14 gauge vs 16. Also he takes into accound all the details of the car/application, builds the headers and then actually tests them on the shop car.
Erich

·
Jersey True Street Guy
3,195 Posts
He modified my passenger header and downpipe for the 88 without having the cross over and the other header. He somehow made a jig that held them in the original position and then replaced the collector and reworked the downpipe.

Shockingly, it bolted directly on and fit.

Amazing work, and the fact that other vendors entire kits don't fit is pretty telling.

Make sure you post pictures when you get it. We are building a car that we are at an impasse with twin vs. single.

·
Registered
5,957 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Cool story. When you talk to the guy, you can tell he has all these geometries in his head! I will definately post up pictures. Should be a while tho. Right now fix what I have. I may be tempted to go to the larger T3 turbos by the time I get the headers.
Erich

1 - 13 of 13 Posts