Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As of right now I have the bg turbo kit.Next year i plan on running a 91mm turbo.I like where the turbo sits on the ponydown kits and plus it gives you room to run a bigger turbo and the t6 flange.I didnt see a 94-95 kit on the ponydown website.Has any put a fox kit on a 94-95 without any problems?What were the problems?

thanks
jesse

·
Registered
652 Posts
As of right now I have the bg turbo kit.Next year i plan on running a 91mm turbo.I like where the turbo sits on the ponydown kits and plus it gives you room to run a bigger turbo and the t6 flange.I didnt see a 94-95 kit on the ponydown website.Has any put a fox kit on a 94-95 without any problems?What were the problems?

thanks
jesse
a 91mm turbo? why so big what kind of power are you trying to make

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
a 91mm turbo? why so big what kind of power are you trying to make
enough to get my vert in the high 9s,which i know could be done with a 88mm turbo but might as well go big.The main thing is the location of the turbo.I dont like where the turbo sits on the bg kit.I would love to run the pony down hot side and just make my own cold side.

·
Registered
652 Posts
enough to get my vert in the high 9s,which i know could be done with a 88mm turbo but might as well go big.The main thing is the location of the turbo.I dont like where the turbo sits on the bg kit.I would love to run the pony down hot side and just make my own cold side.
i have a 95 gt with a boost brothers turbo kit sold the turbo and went with a trubonetice 76mm turbo.you can go 9s easy.a few people on here have went 9s with a MP70mm turbo

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
please be careful with going too big with your turbo. bigger is not always better in this case. im running 9's on a simple 302 with a mp70. is your bg kit already a t6 based setup?

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
please be careful with going too big with your turbo. bigger is not always better in this case. im running 9's on a simple 302 with a mp70. is your bg kit already a t6 based setup?
yea i know that,but why not run it?The bg is only setup for t4,i talk to brain about getting the header flange changed to a t6 but cant due to extra weight on the header. your running 9s on a lighter car then mine.Im still just thinking about it,i might just go with a 80 or 88mm turbo.I want to run the s480 but cant since they run in a t6 flange.

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
i think a mild 302 or 351 with a t4 based t76 is the perfect street strip combo. good spool time and still killer fast.

·
Registered
652 Posts
yea i know that,but why not run it?The bg is only setup for t4,i talk to brain about getting the header flange changed to a t6 but cant due to extra weight on the header. your running 9s on a lighter car then mine.Im still just thinking about it,i might just go with a 80 or 88mm turbo.I want to run the s480 but cant since they run in a t6 flange.
so whats wrong with a t4 flange? my turbonetics 76mm turbo is good for 1100hp also i got a buddy with my setup up with a 347 and hes running 9.4 thats with a turbonetice 76mm

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
i think he is trying to plan for future upgrades. i wish i also would have gone with a t6 based setup to begin with. seems now though with some of the newer t4 stuff it dosent really matter unless your shooting for 900rwhp and up.

·
Registered
2,287 Posts

·
Registered
1,923 Posts
I guess ill be the first to ask what motor this oversized turbo will be going on?

·
Registered
1,942 Posts
I guess ill be the first to ask what motor this oversized turbo will be going on?
LOL!!!
i will say, i built a 400cid, with victor sr heads, solid roller, and a PT91mm, glide, 3.55 gear and it sucked a$$ on the street.. Below 45-4700rpm it was a dog, if this is going to be any kind of street car i would stay away from a 91mm.. Dont get tied up in the Number (size) of a turbo.. you can meet your goals with alot smaller turbo and be killer on the street..

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
LOL!!!
i will say, i built a 400cid, with victor sr heads, solid roller, and a PT91mm, glide, 3.55 gear and it sucked a$$ on the street.. Below 45-4700rpm it was a dog, if this is going to be any kind of street car i would stay away from a 91mm.. Dont get tied up in the Number (size) of a turbo.. you can meet your goals with alot smaller turbo and be killer on the street..

man this seems to be a mistake people make time and time again. BIGGER IS NOT BETTER with turbos. i almost got caught in this trap and am glad i came back to reality. if you really want to have a 91mm for the wow factor i guess have at it but if you want a car that works stay on the smaller side and use a turbo that you can get in the proper efficency range. to really make a 91mm work you gonna spend BIG bucks and end up with a tird street car and a race car that takes a lot to to stage at the track. just my 2cents. good luck.

·
Registered
692 Posts
man this seems to be a mistake people make time and time again. BIGGER IS NOT BETTER with turbos. i almost got caught in this trap and am glad i came back to reality. if you really want to have a 91mm for the wow factor i guess have at it but if you want a car that works stay on the smaller side and use a turbo that you can get in the proper efficency range. to really make a 91mm work you gonna spend BIG bucks and end up with a tird street car and a race car that takes a lot to to stage at the track. just my 2cents. good luck.
:rofl: my car must be a total dog on the street

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
not everybody, im sure there is some bad big turbo cars on the street its just harder to make it work for the normal car. i would live to have a 91mm street car but the money for that would be crazy. at least for me.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts