Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
on the pass. side the sway bar is in the way :confused: and the drivers side the oil sending unit & filter needs to come of wtf !!!
any tips will be helpful..thanks

·
Registered
691 Posts
on the pass. side the sway bar is in the way :confused: and the drivers side the oil sending unit & filter needs to come of wtf !!!
any tips will be helpful..thanks

Oil filter relocation kit is what you need, also I got rid of that log and sending unit and just hooked my turbo feed right into that port, but my Dart block has a secondary oil press location on the back of the block. You might not have that option though.

·
Registered
691 Posts
Also I think there is an off set sway bar bracket kit that you can buy to move the bar forward an inch. That is usually how the PD guys get around that issue, or just drop the sawy bar out all together.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Oil filter relocation kit is what you need, also I got rid of that log and sending unit and just hooked my turbo feed right into that port, but my Dart block has a secondary oil press location on the back of the block. You might not have that option though.
did u use a oil psi gauge :confused:

·
Registered
691 Posts
did u use a oil psi gauge :confused:
Yes I do have an oil pressure gauge, but dart blocks have a secondary port on the back of the block for an oil pressure gauge. So I feed my turbo directly from the front port that you are referring to ( near the timing cover) and the other port at the back of the block is for my gauge. I don't remember if my stock block had an extra location or not, but you can take the factory log that sticks out of the block and drill and tap a hole for your turbo feed and keep the sending unit for your gauge.

·
Registered
179 Posts
I had to remove the sway bar and cut the mounting brackets fore the sway bar. As for the oil sending unit I went to the hardware store and made an adapter for the sending unit and oil feed for the turbo. I was able to keep my oil filter in the stock location though.

·
Registered
483 Posts
you will need the oil filter relocator kit. im using soild mounts from holcomb motorsports that drop the engine down, so no need to cut the swaybar mount. and im not running a swaybar so i had no issue with it.

·
Registered
483 Posts
what engine are u trying to install the the kit on? I have no where near that much clearance on the swaybar mount on the passenger side. i can't belive that crossover is that much too short? if its on a 302 it should fir perfect..

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
what engine are u trying to install the the kit on? I have no where near that much clearance on the swaybar mount on the passenger side. i can't belive that crossover is that much too short? if its on a 302 it should fir perfect..
It s a 302 it s about 1.4th. From sway bar mount...it s a guy on the turbo forum with the same x over probblem he has the stage 2 kit

·
Registered
4,744 Posts
How will the headers line up like that ?
Because the bolts you have running thru the holes in them will make them line up.

Loosen everything up so its got a TON of slack.
You should be able to get everything together.

Then go around from side to side and crossover to header and start slowly and evenly tightening everything up. This should force the kit into place. They are all a little temperamental the first time you try and bolt it up.

If this doesnt work. THEN start cutting up the kit.

Ford Racing makes a $90 cast elbow that kicks the oil filter down 90* too.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Because the bolts you have running thru the holes in them will make them line up.

Loosen everything up so its got a TON of slack.
You should be able to get everything together.

Then go around from side to side and crossover to header and start slowly and evenly tightening everything up. This should force the kit into place. They are all a little temperamental the first time you try and bolt it up.

If this doesnt work. THEN start cutting up the kit.

Ford Racing makes a $90 cast elbow that kicks the oil filter down 90* too.

i'll give it a try...thanks

1 - 20 of 22 Posts