Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The DIY hotside I got sucks, so I'm about to order some new hotside parts. I can get the ponydown hot parts for 400 shipped with 38mm waste gate flange(I have a 35mm wastegate) . Now the treadstone hot parts with 35mm wastegate flange and downpipe for 440 shipped. Since the treadstone down pipe comes with a 4bolt I would have to cut it off and weld a v band.What do u guys recommend?

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
For the waste gate I can cut my flange and tranfer it to the pony down hot parts right? Since my wastegate is a 35mm and their flange is for a 38mm?

·
Registered
299 Posts
Iv'e run Pony down stage 1 hotside kit for 3 years now. Never had a problem. I did modify mine alittle myself. I cut off the 38mm flange and welded on a 44mm flange. Also cut off the turbo flange a moved it back slightly. dont think i needed to do that but I did that before I had the turbo thinking it would fit. The only thing I don't care for is you must remove the front swaybar. I currently looking for a different swaybar setup that I can modify to fit around the Ponydown kit.

By swingerdodge at 2010-05-14

·
Registered
2,287 Posts
Iv'e run Pony down stage 1 hotside kit for 3 years now. Never had a problem. The only thing I don't care for is you must remove the front swaybar. I currently looking for a different swaybar setup that I can modify to fit around the Ponydown kit.
Poor baby...LOL just jokin. Not sure if I will have that same issue cause the swaybar is mounted diferent on the SN95. Sway bar or not I want to run the extra power. I should make more power than before and my TP38 was maxed...Muhahahahahaha. E85 and stock longblock.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Iv'e run Pony down stage 1 hotside kit for 3 years now. Never had a problem. I did modify mine alittle myself. I cut off the 38mm flange and welded on a 44mm flange. Also cut off the turbo flange a moved it back slightly. dont think i needed to do that but I did that before I had the turbo thinking it would fit. The only thing I don't care for is you must remove the front swaybar. I currently looking for a different swaybar setup that I can modify to fit around the Ponydown kit.

By swingerdodge at 2010-05-14
What size turbo are you running? I'm planning to run a mp t70 with holley manifold and f cam through a c4.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Its a T70/ .68ar. I starting to think the .68 housing is to small, and thinking of stepping to a T76/ .81 or .96 AR. Not sure what Im going to do. Still need to change a few things before I determine if the turbo is to small. Long story short my tunner ####d my tune, and before I go back I want to make some changes to the setup.

In my picture I posted of the enginebay the turbo mounting location was moved back about 2". But looking at the picture it may not have needed it, but it would have made it alittle hard to get the little ass air filter I run on. I didn't realize you were putting it in a sn95, so you should have more room upfront anyway.

I also rerouted the wastegate back into my downpipe. The gate open to the atmosphere was getting alittle old.

By swingerdodge at 2010-04-29

·
Registered
294 Posts
I ordered the stage 3 twin headers from pony down about 5 weeks ago and still havent got em. If i ever get em i'll let you know about the quality.
Apparently they are pretty far behind.

·
Registered
2,287 Posts
I ordered the stage 3 twin headers from pony down about 5 weeks ago and still havent got em. If i ever get em i'll let you know about the quality.
Apparently they are pretty far behind.
I ordered my stage 1 single pipes about 2-3 weeks ago so don't feel bad. I can't wait...I had him put the turbo up 10" from the frame rail aka Peek a boo! My underhood temps were higher than I liked, now it will be in fresh air.

·
Registered
691 Posts
Don't worry, Jeff will take care of you. He always does. My R headers I bought from him were quoted 3 week build time, I got them 2.5 months later. He has a full time job, and does the PDP stuff on the side. So he does get backed up.

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
I ordered my stage 1 single pipes about 2-3 weeks ago so don't feel bad. I can't wait...I had him put the turbo up 10" from the frame rail aka Peek a boo! My underhood temps were higher than I liked, now it will be in fresh air.
That would be funny if you actually did that. :rofl:

1 - 20 of 28 Posts