Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
763 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
launched at 4500-have sway bar removed-r/rear air bag-bullet suspension- ET street(12psi)-fms r/uca and mm non adj lwrs. .car seems to unload tires too much (forward transfer)..not sure of noise around second gear change but sounds like i'm barking the tires --this run 13.24 at 102.8 1.85 60'.any suggestions welcome and thanks in advance

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kIHh6Y2NVZo

·
Registered
763 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
have bullet springs/bullet rear shocks and stock 5.0 front struts.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Adjustable front struts would help out alot with the unloading. If you plan on drag racing alot I would also put some Moroso drag springs in the front with the stock rear springs...cut the springs to the desired ride height.

Get some subframe connectors too.

·
Registered
206 Posts
If you have bang noise on the 1-2 shift, it may be the rear end hitting the pinion snubber. I ran my project car for the first time yesterday and heard a bang/pop on the 1-2 shift and thought it was a backfire. I haven't checked under the car yet but will most likely see witness marks on the snubber.

·
Registered
1,517 Posts
you need some adjustable struts/shocks. the rear of your car bounces off the launch. i run the QA1 10 way adjustable rear shocks, and it helps a TON. i highly reccommend you get a set or any other adjustable shocks. it should reduce your 60 fts by a tenth or more. also you might look in to a 4.10 or so gear.

·
Registered
763 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
kinda on a related topic -my et streeets have 1/32ish left on them .are these still just as effective as a newer set-stickiness wise?are there any other tips i can use . i only take the car a few times a year to the strip and at least for now want to keep the street suspension on it(bullet).

·
Registered
592 Posts
I too am having the same problem. What I think is happening (or at least I'm sure this is happening) is that the axle is bouncing off the axle shaft snubbers (I cut down the pinion snubber). There are 2 of these, one on each side of the pumpkin. I'm thinking these need cut down so they only cushion the axle instead of "Bump" the axle causing the axle to unload the tires and cause them to spin.

Anyone else cut these down?? I'm looking to find out how much was cut off. Thanks.

·
Registered
763 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
if i were to keep my same suspension for now and put 50/50 shocks in back will this help my launches(with car unloading).will the 50/50's be ok with the bullet springs?

·
Registered
592 Posts
Most shocks are origionally 50/50, so I don't think that will be a ton of help unless your shocks are bad, then that could help some.

·
Registered
2,069 Posts
If he had adjustable rear shocks would making them stiffer help in his situation? I would think stiffining the rear would make it not squat so much, which causes the tires to unload.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts