Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I talked to Chris at PAS today and got my combo ordered. I got the base On3 70mm kit, 42 # injectors, MAF, 340 lph FP, Moates Quarterhorse with tune, MTX-L Wideband AFR gauge, Hallman boost controller, Remflex header gaskets, Autometer boost gauge, Autometer pillar gauge pod, Turbo Blanket, Oil Relocation Kit, and an air filter. I've still got to order some DEI boot shields and exhaust wrap to complete the kit. Also on the list is a set of FMS .327 gears and I'll bet set!!

To anyone who is looking to order this kit, contact Chris at PAS...he's a straight up guy who didn't try to sell me stuff I didn't need for my set-up and goals for my car. He spent 53 min on the phone today with me walking through the order...that kind of service is rare. For anyone who called him today and couldn't get up with him, I apologize for taking up so much of his time :D

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
1,977 Posts
I talked to Chris at PAS today and got my combo ordered. I got the base On3 70mm kit, 42 # injectors, MAF, 340 lph FP, Moates Quarterhorse with tune, MTX-L Wideband AFR gauge, Hallman boost controller, Remflex header gaskets, Autometer boost gauge, Autometer pillar gauge pod, Turbo Blanket, Oil Relocation Kit, and an air filter. I've still got to order some DEI boot shields and exhaust wrap to complete the kit. Also on the list is a set of FMS .327 gears and I'll bet set!!

To anyone who is looking to order this kit, contact Chris at PAS...he's a straight up guy who didn't try to sell me stuff I didn't need for my set-up and goals for my car. He spent 53 min on the phone today with me walking through the order...that kind of service is rare. For anyone who called him today and couldn't get up with him, I apologize for taking up so much of his time :D

Nice you will enjoy it..What moates chip is he giving you?..a base tune?

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah...base tune then I may order some software he recommended to fine tune with down the road. I'll probably run 7-8 psi and maybe bump up to 10 psi from time to time when "needed" :D This is worse than being a kid and waiting on your birthday or Christmas to get here!!

·
Registered
1,977 Posts
Yeah...base tune then I may order some software he recommended to fine tune with down the road. I'll probably run 7-8 psi and maybe bump up to 10 psi from time to time when "needed" :D This is worse than being a kid and waiting on your birthday or Christmas to get here!!

what did he Ask you for the basic tune?...it is a chip you buy from him right?

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
He is going to email me a form with blanks to fill in...I'll post up the blank when I get it. He asked about my heads and intake on the phone. He also said I'd need to get the SN off my computer I think...it'll all be on the form when I get it.

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
PAS, RPS, and Columbia River(mandrelbends.com) have the best customer service.
I asked about a part Chris did not have in stock and he started searching the internet for another vendor that had it in stock.
A friend of mine called this week wanting me to build a turbo kit. I told him the easiest way to go was to call Chris.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Here is what's on the form...

PCM Code:

Injector Size:

MAF Being Used:

Is It Calibrated For Injector Size:

Was Mass Air Bought New? Condition: If access to original flow sheet please provide:

Email Copy:

Fuel Pump Size: Engine Cubic Inch:

Cylinder Heads:Throttle Body Size:

Exhaust System:

Fuel Octane Used:

Cam Specs: (If Applicable)

Supercharger System:

Supercharger Boost Level:

Turbocharger System:

Turbocharger Boost Level:

Ignition Type:

Nitrous System:

Nitrous Wet / Dry System:

Rear End Gear Ratio:

Manual Or Auto Trans:

EGR: (Being Used Or Functional)

Thermactor Switch:

Where do you want the idle set:

Where do you want the rev limiter set:

Where do you want the two step set: (99 & up models)

Spark Plugs beimg used: (Gap)

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
How much is the chip he burns according to your mods?
I have the receipt on my laptop at work so I may be off a little. I want to say that the Moates Quarterhorse was $235 and the tune was $75...tune is normally $125 but they were running a special or something.

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
Did you download and register Binary Editor yet? You'll need that too

Sent from my wealth of useless knowledge!

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Uh...no...I thought I had this all figured out before I ordered but so many "little things" keep popping up and I don't even have parts yet. Time to google again...any info would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
Talk to Chris, he might be able to sell you the registration code. You can also get through eectuning.org

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
BTW, you can download it for free but will need registration code to open up its full capability and make any necessary changes to your tune

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Talk to Chris, he might be able to sell you the registration code. You can also get through eectuning.org

When I was getting ready to place my order, he mentioned some tuning software to customize the tune but did not specifically call it by name. He said I could get by with his "basic" tune but suggested the software and a custom tune for tweaking. So it's a free download but you have to purchase a license to use?

Here's what's on the PAS site:

http://www.poweraddersolutions.com/tuning-software-options/software/binary-editor-be-2012-ford-tuning-software-eec-iv-eec-v.html

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
The base will get you by but will likely benefit from a few tweaks in which you will need the binary editor

1 - 20 of 38 Posts