Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Was changing the oil today and had the car up, so figured I'd take some shots of the underneath to give people an idea of what it all looks like. Just figured I'd put these up to keep search's for the subject helpful.

You can see in the (dirty :) ) pix that the KB's aren't really anything in size to the MM stuff, but for what they are, and the ability to use side exit's, they're not that bad, especially if you find them used/take off from someone else.

That big black "BLOTCH" on one of the exit pipes was a stupid slalom cone that costs me 2-seconds at one our regionals. :curses:

You can also note that the SpinTech's have a clamped, or flat spotted area right where it crosses under the subframes, this little clamp really helps the clearance. It by no means is restricting any exhaust, although it does rather look pinched in these pix.

Hope these pictures help some of you.

***Hmmm, looks like the jacking rails snuck their way into the picture in the first two. ***

·
Registered
998 Posts
I had the Spintechs on a previous car. I purchased the spintech sub frames as well. The spintech sub frames are full length and weld in great and actually tightened the car up more than the BBK's I had on it. It allows you to tuck the side exit pipes up closer to the car. I had the Hooker Supercomp cermaic headers, off road h-pipe and the spintech side exit. Best sounding car that I have ever heard.

·
Registered
6,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think the Spin's with the O/R H-pipe sound pretty decent. Only complaint is a little "blatty-ness" at lower/lugging RPMS. WOT sounds pretty good, but I also think all exhaust sound the same. :) I suppose I'm tone-deaf.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts