Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
building my own turbo kit my motor is a 347, 65cc canfield heads solid roller 604/604 252/256 comp cam looking to put a 76mm turbo on it just wanted to know what size piping on the hot side?? my thought was a 1 5/8 shorty headers with 2 1/2 size piping to a t4 flange. I was told that 2 1/4 piping on the hot side would allow the turbo to spool up faster??? Which way do I go Which way do I go???? Oh yeah this is a blower cam so I hope it works on this turbo set up. THANX:hammer:

·
Registered
268 Posts
I'd go with 2 1/2 and brake boost the piss out of it and whoop some poor. Unknowing clown on the street

·
Registered
582 Posts
my thought was a 1 5/8 shorty headers with 2 1/2 size piping to a t4 flange. I was told that 2 1/4 piping on the hot side would allow the turbo to spool up faster??? Which way do I go Which way do I go???? Oh yeah this is a blower cam so I hope it works on this turbo set up. THANX:hammer:
this will support more hp then that turbo will make so stick with that. as far as 2 1/4 piping for hotside dont do it and stick with 2 1/2. for a down pipe go with a 3.5"+

as far as a blower cam call the manufacture that made it and as them what they think you should install it at.

·
Registered
753 Posts
I would run 2.5 form each header to the merge then 3" from the merge to the t4 flange. What is your power goal? Are you trying to run the downpipe open or to the stock exhuast etc. This will help determine your down pipe size. I run a 3" down pipe to a 3" y and splits to a full 3 " exhuast with magnpack mufflers with no issues at 700rwhp.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
my goal is around 750- 800 to the tire. with a 3inch down pipe to a single 3 inch dynomax bullet. I have 72lbs injectors from my blower setup. And I have a c-4 trans with 373 gear.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts