Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
[/IMG]

Yeah I have crossed over to the other side. DIRT cheap cars and parts and at 1700 LBS stock, a little HP goes a long way ;) I just picked up 3 cars for only $1400!

What about drag?

Try pulling a 11.8 ET with a $2000 turn key long block/engine and getting 35 mpg to boot :eek: Oh yeah Wheel stands are a breeze ON MAIN STREET :eeek:

I am going to park the stang until gas becomes reasonable again. Until them I am going to eat some 5.0s up in my bugs :idunno:

·
Registered
6,493 Posts
I'd rather be slow in a Mustang, than be seen driving an old VW Beetle. To each their own I suppose.

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
2k2GT said:
I'd rather be slow in a Mustang, than be seen driving an old VW Beetle. To each their own I suppose.
I will tell you one other thing, CHICKS LOVE VWs if that helps any ;) Plus everone has a stang any more, bugs are getting rare (unless your in SoCal)

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
Fordman50 said:
I will tell you one other thing, CHICKS LOVE VWs if that helps any ;) Plus everone has a stang any more, bugs are getting rare (unless your in SoCal)
rare...but ugly >:p

I have an AMD 500 megahertz computer. Its rare nowadays, but nobody's breaking my door down for it. :rofl:

QUOTE: Try pulling a 11.8 ET with a $2000 turn key long block/engine and getting 35 mpg to boot Oh yeah Wheel stands are a breeze ON MAIN STREET
you'll have to do a better job of selling that story. stock longblock?....and a 400 shot of juice. Do you replace the motor after every run... hehe

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ugly is in the eye of the beholder. I think they look sweet. I used to think that the fox body Mustang was the ugliest car on the plannet myself but it grew on me and now its the only stang in my stable.

·
Super Moderator
27,653 Posts
Wow...the only rear suspension design that's actually worse than the quadra-bind LOL

·
Registered
6,493 Posts
MFE said:
Wow...the only rear suspension design that's actually worse than the quadra-bind LOL
:lol:

You know you're jealous of the camber curve of a closed-axle designed VW rear end! :evil:

·
Registered
6,623 Posts
They had one at the track a few years back.. did a huge wheels up launch to run a 14.14 :lol:

I have always loved VWs.. I'd rather a kharman Ghia though.. I'd want a hard top and a convertible though...

I thought about the BUG route.. a long time ago.. I picked up a magazine (hotVW) and found the parts are INSANELY cheap.. Maybe someday when I have the time and the disposable income to toy around with one.. they look like fun..

If I did get a bug it'd have to be black with aftermarket fatty fenders, fiberglass chop top body, and stinger exhaust... :drool:

·
Registered
6,623 Posts
Just found this pic... LOL

Street legal huh?

·
Registered
6,623 Posts
These are pretty sweet too.. hot rod bugs.. LOL

This is what I really want.. I love the look.. even the white walls..

·
Registered
18,364 Posts
My grandpa worked with a guy who rebuilt VW's in his spare time. Supposedly, you could drop your car off to him after work, and pick it up the next morning before work, and he'd have dropped the engine, rebuilt it, and reinstalled it. Evidently he was the VW pimp.

·
Registered
6,623 Posts
yeah it takes 5 minutes to drop the entire engine and transaxle out of those things.. I think it is 3 bolts or 3 mounts.. can't remember which... and then the engine and trans will come down as one...

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
MYLITTLEHO said:
They had one at the track a few years back.. did a huge wheels up launch to run a 14.14 :lol:

I have always loved VWs.. I'd rather a kharman Ghia though.. I'd want a hard top and a convertible though...

I thought about the BUG route.. a long time ago.. I picked up a magazine (hotVW) and found the parts are INSANELY cheap.. Maybe someday when I have the time and the disposable income to toy around with one.. they look like fun..

If I did get a bug it'd have to be black with aftermarket fatty fenders, fiberglass chop top body, and stinger exhaust... :drool:

14.14? thats better than a lot of loud ass stangs at the track plus it put on a show ;) The red one above runs 11.5s all motor with only 1.9L

It sould like you would like this one HO:

I dunno MFE, that green bug seems to be working well :drool:

·
Registered
6,493 Posts
Damn, dare I say if someone put a vagina on an old VW Beetle you could possibly fall in love. You do know these things have been around for like a billion years, right?! Jesus, settle down........you act as if you just found the fountain of youth.

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
2k2GT said:
Damn, dare I say if someone put a vagina on an old VW Beetle you could possibly fall in love. You do know these things have been around for like a billion years, right?! Jesus, settle down........you act as if you just found the fountain of youth.
I guess you could mount a Fleshlight under the dash... :cool:

I DID find the fountain of youth in a matter of speaking. In MY youth Bugs were all the rage. We had 6-7 at our house, it what I leaned to drive it.And to drive one again after 25 years brings back floods of great memories. Ahhh, the road trips, the bong hits...ect :rolleyes:

·
Registered
305 Posts
Fordman50 said:
I DID find the fountain of youth in a matter of speaking. In MY youth Bugs were all the rage. We had 6-7 at our house, it what I leaned to drive it.And to drive one again after 25 years brings back floods of great memories. Ahhh, the road trips, the bong hits...ect :rolleyes:
... replacing the cardboard covering the holes in the floorboards every time it rains. :)
Really- most Bugs had rusted out floorboards by the late 70s! :)

The only Bugs I've ever enjoyed are Formula Vees. It's fun to take FTD at an autocross and lap Summit Point faster than most modified Mustangs with less than 60 HP on tap. Wouldn't want to run into a real car with one though.

Justin

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Fast92Coupe said:
... replacing the cardboard covering the holes in the floorboards every time it rains. :)
Really- most Bugs had rusted out floorboards by the late 70s! :)

The only Bugs I've ever enjoyed are Formula Vees. It's fun to take FTD at an autocross and lap Summit Point faster than most modified Mustangs with less than 60 HP on tap. Wouldn't want to run into a real car with one though.

Justin
Got pics from that? :drool:

:worthless

·
Registered
222 Posts
Ahhhhh Grasshopper, you will soon learn that a hot VW motor is very much like firecracker with very short fuse.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts