Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have already PM'ed NX on here about this, and I am awaiting a response.

I Picked up a NX kit, equipped with a nozzle, for a great price recently. I was looking at buying their Systemax plate to go with it; however, I ended up buying a NOS big shot plate for cheap.

Now, I think I have made a mistake. I did not think there would be much of a difference in the tworld plates and that I could interchange them, but now I am not sure if this is the case. Has anyone used different brand names together? Will I have an issue doing this?

Thanks,

Joe

·
Registered
2,682 Posts
no issues...
IIRC the holley plate has the manifolds on the side? you just need to plumb that right into the solenoids with an 1/8npt nipple

·
Registered
7,019 Posts
(same reply on other thread) sooo, you wanting to replace the single nozzle on an NX kit with a NOS big shot plate for systemaxii? whats the problem? are you confused about the jetting? if so, stick with the jetting suggestions of the plate maker (NOS) for that specific plate as a starting point, then tune from there.

(adding this) depending on how old the plate is, it might have two jets for nitrous and two for fuel on a log on side of the plate (the old style), or it will have one fitting each sticking out the back of the plate. personally i found the NOS SMX plates a hassle to use, i endedup getting an NX plate and the fittings were on the front corners... very easy to access.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
no issues...
IIRC the holley plate has the manifolds on the side? you just need to plumb that right into the solenoids with an 1/8npt nipple
This one has the fittings coming out the back. Yes, it looks like a pain to deal with, but the price was right. I read somewhere that the big shot plate cannot be used under a 150 shot....any truth to that? I know you sprayed more, but I will probably not go more than 100-125.

Joe

·
Registered
2,682 Posts
i started at 150 with mine... they told me the same thing and i said #### it and started at 150...

·
Registered
7,019 Posts
This one has the fittings coming out the back. Yes, it looks like a pain to deal with, but the price was right. I read somewhere that the big shot plate cannot be used under a 150 shot....any truth to that? I know you sprayed more, but I will probably not go more than 100-125.

Joe
yeah honestly 150 is a good starting point. they arent as bad as the old plates were, but its not fun. not terrible, you can handle it. personally, i would jet it at 150 whiloe installing it... you may never have to mess with it after that.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts