Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for pictures of a car with the Offset geometry setup vs the standard geometry ...

Are there any clearance issues after installing an off-set setup? Fender rolling? Chopping the fender and putting on flares?

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
I have pix of the forward offset on my 93. There was some fender liner trimming, some rolling, and a little bit of flaring. My car also has 17x9 03 Cobras all the way around. It's not difficult work, and worth it, IMO, once you're done

·
Registered
956 Posts
Darius coming through as usual!

I don't need the room yet, but I'm about ready to tackle flaring and rolling the front fenders, w00t!

·
Registered
3,013 Posts
Fyi, for $75 its hard to go wrong...

Harbor Freight:
http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/displayitem.taf?Itemnumber=98793

Fender Repair Tool
Use for fender collision repair or fender flaring, or to increase fender clearance.

Fits most cars and light trucks with 4 and 5 lugs Simple and easy to use
Roller works on fender from inside wheel well Attached hitch pin allows for wide or narrow angle
Adjustment arm has second telescoping arm with roller that allows for 180º wheel swivel

Base mounting plate dimensions: 3/8" thick x 5-7/8" diameter, center hole: 2-3/4" diameter, 8 mounting holes: 9/16" x 1" long; Support bracket: 5/16" thick x 6-1/2" long; Adjustment arm: 2" square tube x 6-1/2" long; Second arm: 1-1/2" square tube x 9" long; Overall length: 27" long

ITEM 98793-0VGA
$74.99

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Offset with a 17x8.5 29mm wheel and a 245/45 555 tires.

Had to trim the fender liners, but other than that it fits fine.

·
Registered
630 Posts
I'm looking for pictures of a car with the Offset geometry setup vs the standard geometry ...

Are there any clearance issues after installing an off-set setup? Fender rolling? Chopping the fender and putting on flares?
Looking at your sig you are doing this to a SN95. You will a good bit more room compared to a Fox 3.

·
Registered
516 Posts
Out of all of you that went the full 1.5" forward,are any of you guys strickly street or do you also auto cross? Im gonna be adding a MM K but not sure if Im gonna go .75 or 1.5" w/the offset arms.My car is strickly street.Thanks in advance

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Darius, that was exactly what I was looking for :joy:

Now if only I could find an SN95 ...

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
Fyi, for $75 its hard to go wrong...

Harbor Freight:
http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/displayitem.taf?Itemnumber=98793

Fender Repair Tool
Use for fender collision repair or fender flaring, or to increase fender clearance.

Fits most cars and light trucks with 4 and 5 lugs Simple and easy to use
Roller works on fender from inside wheel well Attached hitch pin allows for wide or narrow angle
Adjustment arm has second telescoping arm with roller that allows for 180º wheel swivel

Base mounting plate dimensions: 3/8" thick x 5-7/8" diameter, center hole: 2-3/4" diameter, 8 mounting holes: 9/16" x 1" long; Support bracket: 5/16" thick x 6-1/2" long; Adjustment arm: 2" square tube x 6-1/2" long; Second arm: 1-1/2" square tube x 9" long; Overall length: 27" long

ITEM 98793-0VGA
$74.99

has any one tried this yet? for the price cant go wrong seriously considering it.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
???? Look out you front door maybe?
Mine is hiding from the rain in the garage.. Afraid it might melt if it gets dirty..

Or the grime and generally nastyness of the car will wash off and it'll fall apart
:lol:

but I ment an SN95 with the K member and Offset arms :D

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
Out of all of you that went the full 1.5" forward,are any of you guys strickly street or do you also auto cross? Im gonna be adding a MM K but not sure if Im gonna go .75 or 1.5" w/the offset arms.My car is strickly street.Thanks in advance
My car was my daily driver for about 1.5 years w/ the K-member setup. I was running 245/45/17 Bullitt rims. February 2008 I put the 03 Cobras on w/ 275/40/17s all around. It was a daily driver for about 3 months...and then I bought a BMW :leghump:

Now it's the occasional weekend driver and open track abuse machine

·
Registered
157 Posts
I'm running 275x40x17s on 10.5s up front with a 3/4" spacer to clear the coil-overs and have significant rubbing on the fender and bumper cover. But the car is very low. If I raised it a little, I could probably run a 1/2" spacer and it wouldnt rub as much. Also with a 17x9 wheel, I can run a 1/2" spacer and it doesnt rub on the fender at all, but does on the bumper cover.

Its kinda hard to see the offset in the picture because the car is moving, but here one is:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts