Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm getting tired of my plain jane, white helmet and am looking for some ideas for customizing the appearance. So lets see your helmets with personality. Vinyl stickers, air brush or whatever else.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Wish I had a better picture but my Simpson Super Speedway has a big ol' Ford Racing sticker on the back and then a little pedobear below it peeking up at the very bottom...

·
Registered
6,493 Posts
LOL, I was going to tell the OP to get you to post a picture of yours. the KICKER sticker is hilarious to me for some reason. You ricer.
I am a big time ricer. Why do you think my car is all modded to full tilt yet I can't beat stock cars! :rofl: I mean...:crying:

It's all in how you cover it up, though. ;)

·
Registered
2,133 Posts
Helmets are such a temporary thing (10 years, max -- I generally use one for 5 before replacing it,) that I don't bother with any customizing. I have my name, contact information, medical allergies, and blood type on mine -- that's all.

·
Registered
131 Posts
I am a big time ricer. Why do you think my car is all modded to full tilt yet I can't beat stock cars! :rofl: I mean...:crying:

It's all in how you cover it up, though. ;)

Even better :rofl:

BTW, I also want to turn my battery that way, so I need to see where you drilled your holes. That'll give me more room in the trunk also.

Back on topic, my helmet has a HJI or HCI sticker on it. The one that was on there when I bought it. That's all. When I my blower shreds my serpentine belt I get really mad and usually throw my helmet in some safe direction after I take it off, so I really don't see the need for customizing it.

·
Registered
3,363 Posts
I have motorcycle helmet that has a nice design that keeps it from looking like a loaner. Since I only solo2, it is sufficient. I've thought about having some custom stuff done to it just for the hell of it. My car is kind of sleeper stockish so a standout helmet would be kind of cool. Maybe I should do something with a BULLITT theme to match the car.

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Funny this would come up. I have my own vinyl cutter and was just playing around with a decal for my helmet this past weekend.

I knew this wouldn't work but wanted to try heat shinking a large decal to cover the whole thing. Here is what I started with.

After it got all wrinkled up I was able to salvage the side pieces and this is all I got out of it.

Kinda looks like a double tailed sperm with a flaming horse in the middle don't it?

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for the pics. My buddy has a vinyl cutter and he is going to hook me up with some stickers. The plain white helmet just lacks so much personality. It just screems "look I'm a knob!".

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Thanks for the pics. My buddy has a vinyl cutter and he is going to hook me up with some stickers. The plain white helmet just lacks so much personality. It just screems "look I'm a knob!".
As opposed to mine that screams "LOOK, I'M A FLAMING HORSE D!CKHEAD"!

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
I've never done anything to my helmets before but this thread is making me consider some sort of "driver mod" before the season starts. It might even lull the newbies to asking for a ride-a-long. :evilgrin:

I was watching the EVO promotional video a couple of weeks ago and one of the instructors had vinyl eyes on the upper left and right of his helmet.

ps: I think I'd stick with some stickers that came with the parts I've bought. The double tailed sperm-horse is creative but I'll go a different direction since it's already been done and I want to be a leader not a follower. :lol:

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

·
Registered
506 Posts
Sandy (Han Solo) had a way better one with this bizarre screaming face that looked backward ... kinda freaky to see it staring back at you when you're next in line at the start!

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Not a bad idea. At least it'll have people looking at it like "WTF!".

1 - 20 of 22 Posts