Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 118 Posts

·
Registered
606 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just thought I would post up some pics that I finally took of the ITS twin kit installed on the car.

Here is one pic I took a little while back of the ITS kit install I did on a buddies car that shows the pipe routing

I've actually had the kit on my GT for about 9 mohths and never really took any good pictures, I just put that turbo kit on my LX a few weeks back and decided I'd borrow a camera and finally take some decent pictures. :)

·
Registered
375 Posts
How much did you have to trim on the LX bumper cover to fit the intercooler?? Also what stage ITS kit are you running and with what upgrades? One last question, what type of electronics are running?

·
Registered
606 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The black car and the blue car both have the twin T3/T4 hybrids and nice sheetmetal front mount IC on them. That is just the standard parts for the Stage II. It has to be one of the best intercoolers that comes with any kit, I love it. As for trimming, the GT/Cobra front bumper requires no trimming at all to fit it in. I just put the front clip right back on when I had it on my 93GT. That is really the bumper that it was designed around but does fit the LX with some trimming of the inside of the bottom lip to get it to fit. So, a little bit of trimming and it rides nicely in there now. I believe they've actually already made some changes to where it sits now so it may even be less of a big deal, this kit was the first one ever so a few small things have been changed that I recommended to accomodate others.

·
Registered
606 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
twinturbosaleen said:
don't take this wrong but the headers and stuff and the way the turbos lay out make that kit look like a junk yard kit.
don't take this wrong, but I think you talk out of your a$s 99% of the time you post.
I do see a lot of JY kits running around with nice sheet metal front mounts and twin t3/t4 hybrids, ceramic coated parts, etc. :rolleyes:
also, most the single turbo jy kits i've seen are setup similar to your pro turbo kit...so what's your point?
:)

·
Registered
175 Posts
92fastlx said:
don't take this wrong, but I think you talk out of your a$s 99% of the time you post. :)
:lol: :lol:

I think the whole damn car looks good. I especially like the 99 Rims. ;)

·
Registered
862 Posts
92fastlx said:
don't take this wrong, but I think you talk out of your a$s 99% of the time you post.
how could anyone take offense to that?:lol:

·
Registered
325 Posts
SvtJosh said:
I definately will have Carson making my intercooler.
No offense to anyone, but 1 thing that comes to mind when i look at that ic, turbulence, either cartech TTI and all the others are way off by putting lil walls between the turbos or.......
That setup has the two turbos fightin each other, have a look at the cartech twin ic or even the incon ic and you can see what I mean

my .02

Nice attention to detail 92fastlx

·
Registered
714 Posts
ok

I was refering to the layout as well as the fact all the welds on the tubeing in the shot of the intercooler look like they were done with a stick welder.

I could make a smaller bead then that with a wire fed mig much less a tig.

that and the welds on the intercooler it self look bad

i can take a lump of **** coat in in ceramic powder and bake it .. its still a lump of ****..

not that im saying this kit is simply saying it looks to me liek a junk yard kit that was then coated.

and as super squirel said.. the intercooler seems to be not very well designed.

a proper intercooler would angle the inlet tanks from where each turbo feeds it DOWN in a v to a center divider .. in order to promote the best possibl air flow across and through the core.

much like the cartech and most other twin kit intercoolers do.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Dear twinnturbosaleen,

Too bad we can't ALL have the best of everything... The old saying "you get what you pay for". He didn't pay top dollar to have all his s**t welded by NASA (no pun here), he paid what he could to get the service he was looking for.

'You want to go drop 4 large+ on a kit that's got all the neat tricks and research, that's your decision! The rest of us who decide to pay HALF that on something that isn't as cosmetically refined and still make great power while on a budget, will do it without tearing into someone because they chose a different route.

I guess you come in waves. First you were a d$%k, then you kind of faded away, then you had to come in here and open your sh*&a$$ mouth. They are you own oppinions sure, but why don't you keep them to yourself. Because we don't give a s**t what you think!

·
Registered
606 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
Re: ok

twinturbosaleen said:
that and the welds on the intercooler it self look bad
I could go on and on throught your post (as well as most others you've made) and make you feel like you only know the tip of the ice burg as far as welding, air flow, etc is concerned but I would hate to bring you to that harsh reality so quickly. You can stay in your little world for now.
Intercooler welds look bad?? you can't even see them from that angle, all you can see is light refracting on them to get a bit of an outline...but Charged Air Systems is known to do terrible welding on the coolers :rolleyes: :rolleyes:. You might want to call them and let them know that it isn't up to par with Dean's perspective...I'm sure they'll be very disappointed. :rolleyes:
Also, you talk about the width of the welds on some piping...I know you go mostly from a looks standpoint and not from ergonomics but I don't particularly care if a weld that is NOT visible b/c of a bumper cover being over it turns about to be a little wider than you prefer. If you knew how to read a weld, you wouldn't stick to looking at it's width to determine its effectiveness. A weld with a higher tensile strength and consistency (no porosity, slag inclusions, etc) is fine by me if it is a bit wide and covered up by a bumper. I can continue to school you on topics dealing with mechanical engineering if you like but frankly you are a waste of time imo. You do this just about every time some one posts something about turbos, you say how you like it if it just happens to be the same kit you have but point out what all is wrong with it if it is someone elses. Dean, I hate to break it to you but I can start a long list of things I don't like about the PTK kit you have but instead, you've posted about it and I commented on it being a nice looking car and stuff and moved on. I didn't ask what you thought could use improving, just showing pictures. About the only thing I partially agree with you on is intercooler design could use a few more revisions (you are looking at the first 2 kits ever made) but even that isn't as critical as you would think to the airflow once the throttle body goes wide open. Once again, I could make you look retarded on all topics dealing with fluid dynamics and thermodynamics in relation to efficiency and air flow and other related items but don't feel like typing any more as far as you are concerned. Please quit posting if you have nothing to say but picking apart the kit.
Besides all this is coming from someone that managed to make 675rwhp and mustered 11.40's with it. :eek: :)

·
Registered
9 Posts
92fastlx said:

also, most the single turbo jy kits i've seen are setup similar to your pro turbo kit...so what's your point?
:)

hey now thats what layout i used for single kit. :)

·
Registered
158 Posts
/me braves the flames to say: that is a very very nice car! :drool:

·
Registered
431 Posts
Dean why cant you STFU for once in your gay ass life? :rolleyes: why dont you go suck on your uncles ****.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
714 Posts
hmm

I MADE 675 RWP ON pump gass and yes ran 11.30 because

1. my car wieghs 3550
2. I had bald nito street tires on it.
3. the rear gear was far to high still set up for my old blower motor with 3.73s and i ran out of gear at around 1000 feet ..
4. i was only runing 10 psi that night i was not there to break records but to shake the car down to find any potential probems

wich I did ..
with the 3.27 gear thats in it now ill easily run 10.90s on radials with only 10 psi boost .. probly 10.60s or so at 15 psi ..

both of course traction limited.

9s wil be cake with slicks real boost and race gass.

ps twins kiss my ass :)

·
Registered
144 Posts
Thanks for the pictures, glad to see one of these installed. Have you got any numbers (1/4 times, hp, etc...) This is the t3/t4 hybrid right? How are the boost characteristics of the kit, when does full boost come on, etc...

1 - 20 of 118 Posts