Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've seen a few threads going on here about removing the spoiler on GTs so I decided to try it myself. I took it off the other day and I am quite happy with it off. I think the car doesn't look as mean, but rather more clean and sleek. I used little black plugs from an auto parts store to cover the holes. Now I need to find a V6 trunk to swap.

Here is a quick pic. What do you guys think?

·
Registered
132 Posts
it does look clean. but i'd opt for a aftermarket spoiler to change the look of my car.like saleen or something!

·
Registered
9 Posts
I think GT's and Cobra's look best with spoilers otherwise it looks too much like the V6 Mustangs IMHO.

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
I'm partial to the no spoiler look myself.

I was even thinking of making it a V6 look-alike sleeper...

·
Registered
524 Posts
GrantGT2000 said:
I'm partial to the no spoiler look myself.

I was even thinking of making it a V6 look-alike sleeper...
V6s come with spoilers on the new edge style Stangs right? So how can that be mistaken for a sleeper V6 minus the wing on the trunk? I think Bullitt first when I see no wing (a little more HP than stock GT) not V6 then I'll count and look at the tailpipes, badging etc...

Good look though if your choice is vs. the stock wing. Now those Saleen wings....

·
Registered
51 Posts
I'm a big fan of the no-spoiler look. It just looks cleaner, I've had the spoiler off my stang for a couple months now. I can't seem to find a spoilerless donor. Oh well.

The only other thing that I like at all is the xenon spoiler. It has a clean look too. I saw pics of a bullitt with the xenon spoiler and it looked really nice.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
A few people have also said that I'll "look like a V6 poser", but I didn't know the only difference between a GT and a V6 is just the spoiler. :rolleyes:

Besides, most of the V6's come with spoilers anyway. Thanks for all the positive comments. I figured most of you guys would say to put it back on. I just need to find a V6 trunk to swap.

·
Registered
28 Posts
It does look clean.... buuttt

Ive heard Mustangs have a tendency to get light in the rear end at high speed. (I dont know how fast mine will go, but itll do 110 in 3rd).
My question would be this, would it be better to ask if this is a functional mod or strictly for looks. If just for looks, would it be a wise choice? Maybe an aftermarket spolier, with the decision based on downforce and lack of drag would be a wiser choice?

·
Registered
994 Posts
I'd put it back on. :eek:

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
LI98GTStang said:

V6s come with spoilers on the new edge style Stangs right? So how can that be mistaken for a sleeper V6 minus the wing on the trunk?
Because the general public, and especially ricers, think so. I wasn't planning on fooling any mustangers or even camaros with my dual exhaust bumper...It would have fooled some it I left the exhaust stock, swapped my tires to 16" ponies and changed the badges. But I don't really street race, so what would the point be?

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
MYSTICSVT said:
I'd put it back on. :eek:
Why are you so shocked? The stock spoiler is so small that it doesn't make much of a difference anyway. The 94-98s NEED a spoiler because the trunk is curvy. The newer Stangs have a flat trunk so its ok without one.

·
Registered
684 Posts
Spoiler.... what is that???

On my car, no spoiler equals +1 MPH in the 1/4 mile. I filled the holes in the trunk with the plugs from PepBoys too. It doesn't look the best without the wing but its really very easy to put the wing back on when I come home from the track.

Later, Jason

·
Registered
14 Posts
not a big fan of no spoilers, because when i think of a mustang in general, i think "sporty" and to me it just doesn't look right without the spoiler. I dunno though, its your car.. do what you want :D

1 - 17 of 17 Posts