Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
696 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am going to be upgrading to 15x12 wheels and doing a minitub in the process. I would like to see pics of your 15x12 wheels with slicks on an sn95, 10.5w's would be great, however any will do.

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
Here are two picks of mine, 15x12 rims with 29.5x11.5 tires

If I were you, I would soften the front struts and move some weight from the the front to the back of the vehicle so you can get better weight transfer to the rear.:D

What does that thing sixty foot and is it on the back tires? James

·
Registered
148 Posts
Launch

It's allready taken care of. I was not trying for this at all. Car now leaves about 10" with the front in the air at 1.27 60' It just took a few clicks on the atruts and shocks.

Phil

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
It's allready taken care of. I was not trying for this at all. Car now leaves about 10" with the front in the air at 1.27 60' It just took a few clicks on the atruts and shocks.

Phil
Phil, I was just being sarcastic. I wasn't making fun of your launch. :salute: James

·
Registered
148 Posts
I got lucky on this one. I didn't hurt anything up front. Dented the 4 lower header tubes a bit, scraped the paint off the rear bumper cover. It actually went up on the parachute mount. That was the only thing keeping it from going over. This was a new car this year and it's been a bitch getting it dialed in.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Torque Box

TwnT70s,
Yes, I used Wolf's mini tub kit. I think it's the same as the one for the Fox Bodies. It didn't fit for ####. However, it does come with plate to stiffin up the torque boxes after you cut some of it out. If I were to take more of the lower trim off the side of the car, I think a 31" tire would fit. I might be trying that over the winter.

Phil

·
Registered
696 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
TwnT70s,
Yes, I used Wolf's mini tub kit. I think it's the same as the one for the Fox Bodies. It didn't fit for ####. However, it does come with plate to stiffin up the torque boxes after you cut some of it out. If I were to take more of the lower trim off the side of the car, I think a 31" tire would fit. I might be trying that over the winter.

Phil

Thanks Phil

·
Registered
148 Posts
I used the set up out of my old fox body. 8.8 cut 2" off each end, 9" ends. 15x12 Hole Shots with 6 7/8 back space. There is room to go with a 5 7/8 back space on the SN body if you wanted to bring the tire out to the wheel lip. I wanted the front tire and rear tire tucked in a bit on this car. It gives it a sleeker look.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts