Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
997 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I dont know much about torque converters but need one desperately for my h/c/i 306. Its never been dyno tested but its making roughly 500+ at the wheels with equal torque. Id like to run as deep into the tens as possibly. I dont really care what its like on the street, so long as its as fast as possible at the strip.

·
Registered
2,796 Posts
No offense here, but 500 to the wheels with a n/a 306 would be quite impressive, actually the torque # is the REAL impressive part.

I'd take it to the track, or have it dyno'd to find out what you're really making and take away the "I think it's here" factor. If only to give the converter company you choose to work with a real idea of where you're at power wise.

·
Administrator
53,617 Posts
X3 on Ultimate.

www.ultimateconverter.com

Lenny's awesome to deal with, he will discuss your setup in depth and get you all squared away. He's famous for getting it "right" on the first try. Tell him [email protected] sent you!

·
PMS Tuning Forum Moderator
3,478 Posts
X4 for Lenny, I love my UCC converter it flat out works and Lenny's service up front and down the road is the best. Nobody else gets my converter business.

·
Registered
266 Posts
ive heard very good things from dirtydogs converters

·
Registered
775 Posts
my h/c/i 306 with vortech I had a TCT 9" converter that stalled at 4500 RPM, it great street manners but after a while I wished I had gone to a higher stall. BTW I was running high 10s.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts