Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone tried the spacer available for the 2v from Paul's High Performance that was shown in the June issue of 5.0 Mustang? This spacer seems to make the stock intake perform at the level of the Bullet intake. Maybe a GP is in order.

·
Registered
633 Posts
Pulleeeeez, not this thread again!

I would wait on the GP until the BS has been ruled out.

·
Registered
552 Posts
Can't be too hard to fabricate. I would like to see what friend of mine could do if were to get one in his hands so he could make a pattern from it.
You don't need that, just use a gasket as a template.

·
Registered
313 Posts
OK I just bought one last Wednesday.
I should receive it around Monday - Wednesday of this coming week.

As soon as I receive it I will have a before and after dyno for everyone.

I am the type of person that must know all the facts before I talk negitive about anything.

The dyno will tell us all.

Watch for a new tread around the end of the week with some dynos #'s.

·
Registered
505 Posts
silver35th said:
OK I just bought one last Wednesday.
I should receive it around Monday - Wednesday of this coming week.

As soon as I receive it I will have a before and after dyno for everyone.

I am the type of person that must know all the facts before I talk negitive about anything.

The dyno will tell us all.

Watch for a new tread around the end of the week with some dynos #'s.

Well if you are the type of person who "must know the facts about something"...then you should learn the facts about how much it costs to make that thing...

I'm guessing like 25$ tops....If the peice was exturded then machined ....probably 5$.

Good luck on the dyno....

tim

·
Registered
68 Posts
spacer

you get one of these spacers in the NOSzle kit!
lets see $1271.99 -$200 for spacer i would have to buy
thats only $1071.99 for my NOSzle kit!! hehe

·
Registered
8 Posts
Let's see if I can respond to your question without criticizing you or the product. No, if any person on this board has used the spacer, they have not responded to any of the 5 or so threads that have been created to answer this very question. With the exception of Mr. 35th and myself, everyone who responds to this post is going to tell you that the PHP spacer is one of four things
1. Too expensive, or
2. Won't work on a mod motor since we don't have a carb, or
3. The claim is BS, or
4. It's easy to make yourself...Bob Vila style
My caveat is this, how can you people proclaim all this negativity without seeing the results for yourself. I understand you want results to prove it works, but you won't wait for results to prove it doesn't work either, you immediately make presumptions, and raise the BS flag...WTF. And what's up with the price thing, I agree the PHP should be Paul's High Prices, but for real. You mention that it may cost $25 to produce and it is sold for $200...how much do think pullies cost to produce, or your magical power pipes, or your damned K&N filters? Should Paul just nix all the R&D costs and pass the savings on to us... and why do you care how much it costs anyhow, its a piece of crap and you're not going to buy one.
I will wait for the results to come in before I form my opinion. I'm sure if it does work, then all you naysayers will jump on the bandwagon to buy one. Or maybe it's just too darn expensive and you won't buy one, and then the irony begins b/c at every stoplight when you get your clock cleaned by a GT with a junky PHP spacer you'll say, " Boy, I sure am a dumbass"! Let's just wait for the results to come in. :evil: ;)

·
Registered
505 Posts
huh.....tell us what you really think.....

FYI...people that buy this stuff at these rediculous prices effects us all, whether it works or not.

tim

·
Registered
56 Posts
rcrgrl,

Take it easy. Sounds like somebody peed in your cheerios this morning. :rolleyes:

The spacer is a good idea, but I think a lot of are just miffed at the fact PHP is charging so much for it. If you are willing to spend that much for go right ahead. Let us know much of an improvement it makes.

Pete

·
Registered
4,239 Posts
ptsgt said:

The spacer is a good idea, but I think a lot of are just miffed at the fact PHP is charging so much for it. If you are willing to spend that much for go right ahead. Let us know much of an improvement it makes.

Pete
I agree on the charging to much for it.:barf:
A few of us called pauls BEFORE the article with the dyno came out.It was 70.00 but(part wasnt ready to ship):rolleyes: he was sending the first 50 to magazines and other peaple for testing.Well after the "tests"and then the magazine article came out the price went up to 200.00.:mad:
So after the price "bump"i cancelled my order. But this is my .02.

·
Registered
52 Posts
This sounds just like back in the late 80's when Ron Anderson developed a spacer that fit under the plenum of a turbo buick. Everyone thought that the effect was merely in the addtional size and area. They made spacers using the gasket as a template. They lost power and proclaimed the idea a failure.. Meanwhile the guys that had Ron's spacers picked up power. It was funny, the guys who were downing them had bought knock offs and they didn't work the same. It's like porting your own heads and saying that head porting doesn't work because you didn't know what to do.

Paul spent time developing this part, gave a few away, dyno tested them and probably made a few that didn't work. Should he recoup his investment? I think so.

If you don't like the price, don't buy one. Lets wait and see what people say when they start using them.

Ron stopped making the buick spacers because no one wanted to pay what it cost to hand finish the radius. That was where the secret was , in the radius. None of the knock offs had that radius. No wonder they didn't work.

Robin Lawrence

·
Registered
322 Posts
R&D costs? Give me a break. I'm sure they simply used a gasket as a template, cut a few of various thickness, and made a few dyno runs. I don't think anyone is saying they should give them away but $200 is just way too much for a 3/8" piece of aluminum and 5 bolts. :barf:

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I think $200 is way too much. But if I see positive feedback I know I can get one made for about $50. I can draw it up and have a machinist friend make it. Add a few bolts and a doughnut spacer maybe $60 total. Maybe we could center a GP around this type of deal. When somebody wants to charge high prices because there is no competition somebody will always show up with a better price.

I have seen other threads where people have opened up and cleaned up the upper intake and made decent gains. This area seems like a real bottleneck on the 2V motors.

·
Registered
505 Posts
stokasz said:
I think $200 is way too much. But if I see positive feedback I know I can get one made for about $50. I can draw it up and have a machinist friend make it. Add a few bolts and a doughnut spacer maybe $60 total. Maybe we could center a GP around this type of deal. When somebody wants to charge high prices because there is no competition somebody will always show up with a better price.

I have seen other threads where people have opened up and cleaned up the upper intake and made decent gains. This area seems like a real bottleneck on the 2V motors.

Can I get an AH-men.....thank you jesus

tim

·
Registered
3,212 Posts
ptsgt said:
Sounds like somebody peed in your cheerios this morning. :rolleyes:
OMG, I thought that this thread was funny. Then I read the above quote, and .... Oh.. my.... God...... I.... can't.... stop..... laughing!!!!!!

BUWHAHAHAHA! I won't even go into my rant on PHP!

joe

·
Registered
4,239 Posts
ptsgt said:
What were the alleged dyno gains anyway? Was it peak or average?
The mag says:10.8rwhp and 9 rwtq at peak and 3.6rwhp to 11.2 across the board with the spacer added.They said the car only had minor bolt ons-including shorty headers,mass air, tbody ,and pullies.

It may work but its not worth the price increase just because it did(70.00 to 200.00).
But i hardly believe anything i read in a car mag.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts