Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a set of D&D lcas with poly bushings, and I am keeping my stock uppers. I know the poly isn't as ideal as the MM bushing setup, but it is what I have. Can I use these D&D lcas with the MM Panhand Bar effectively? Or do I have to buy another set of lcas and spend more money? Thanks everyone.

·
Registered
6,493 Posts
I don't see why you shouldnt/couldn't. I know people that have used OE LCA's with a PHB, so why not.

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Alright, sounds good. What about the bushings? I think I read that you can buy the MM 3 piece bushings for control arms, but I didn't see them on their site. Would the 3 piece be worth it or will my poly be fine since they are on the LCAs. I will be using my stock uppers with rubber bushing.

·
Registered
6,493 Posts
Geeez dude, your car isn't gonna blow up if you don't have a certain control arm on the car, just put it on and "feel" whats it's doing that you don't like and go from there.

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
LOL< i know it won't screw it up but I didn't know if the MM stuff had to be matched. I know they reccomend that but I didnt think an LCA would matter, which it seems it doesn't. thanks yall.

·
Registered
249 Posts
I autoX'd my car all season with Lakewoods (poly on both ends) and the MM PHB. AS far as I know my car didn't self destruct. I noticed one thing. Coming out of corners I was getting a lot of one wheel tire spin. It almost felt like a one wheel wonder, even with the Torsen. Hopefully the MM arms will help.

·
Super Moderator
27,653 Posts
2k2GT said:
I don't see why you shouldnt/couldn't. I know people that have used OE LCA's with a PHB, so why not.
That's because the stock LCA's have a lot of compliance, specifically lateral compliance that the PHB needs in order to do its job without binding. Most 1 or 2-piece poly bushings don't have enough compliance. Not the end of the world but not the same dynamic as using stockers either.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts