Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would you say that if I had 450RWHP and 315 DR would traction still be a BIG problem on the street?

I.E. is there a big advantage going with the 315s over say a 275?

Thanks
--Brian

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
hey man, i just noticed you are in college station,tx. me too. gig 'em. i would think that you will need 315 dr's to get solid traction with 450 rwhp. 275 dr's do hook pretty good but with that much power i would go with a 315 on a 10-11 inch wheel.

marcus

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey guys thanks for the info. just trying to figure out if $1200 would be worth the price for rims that will fit a 315 tire or if I should just stick with stock rims and put the biggest tire on it I can.

Marcus gig'em man

are you in the car club at A&M? we should hang out and swap stories.

you have mail.

--Brian

·
Registered
4,239 Posts
Brian97GT said:
Hey guys thanks for the info. just trying to figure out if $1200 would be worth the price for rims that will fit a 315 tire or if I should just stick with stock rims and put the biggest tire on it I can..

--Brian
Depends on what rims you want.I got mine off ebay(new blems)for less than 750.00 for all 4.And to get that power down you need as much tire as possible.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
white99gt said:

Depends on what rims you want.I got mine off ebay(new blems)for less than 750.00 for all 4.And to get that power down you need as much tire as possible.
yeah thats a good deal.....I had been watching ebay for that same auction (AFS 10.5s) but the price always got up to like more than they were new. go figure?

I will keep watching, hopefully I can get a sweet deal.:joy:

--Brian

·
Registered
4,239 Posts
Try calling afs personally.I have had heard that you can buy straight from them(blems)without going through ebay.Its worth a shot and can save a lot on headaches in the end.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts