Ford Mustang Forums banner

Pcv.

1K views 14 replies 7 participants last post by  Layzie 
#1 ·
90 mustang. 347. 10.5:1 comp. Having problem with pcv getting oil sucked in it. I have a oil separator on it. Also I changed valve covers. They have baffles in me. So I made driver side connect to moroso evacuation set up. Passenger side got a breather. And I left pcv hooked up. And it still pulls oil. Should I plug it. The pcv has the screen in it and baffle also.

#5 ·
You’ve gotta pick a direction and go that way, right now you have all 3 options for venting with the stock pcv/open breather/catch can set up. I’d leave the VC factory and use the catch can in between the PCV and intake then clean the upper real good and monitor going forward.

#14 ·
I think it would be wise to verify that you don’t have excessive crankcase pressure / blow by. Simple check to see if you are pulling vacuum on the valve cover line that goes to the throttle body or you could hook up a gauge to the oil dip stick tube and check for positive pressure there. Of course cylinder leak down will tell you for sure. With a correct PCV system, oil shouldn’t be an issue.

#15 ·
Do not plug your Pcv system for any reason Except to check pressure at the dipstick With pcv plugged. For pcv. leave it as is. 2 teaspoons for a high compression .30 over is completely fine However, more than likely your intake gasket Is leaking in one of the corners. Check for leaks at the manifold gasket,If no leaks there, by check vac pressureat the dipstick tube as another member suggested.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.