Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Indo-Canuck-Yankee
2,736 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have a great solution for hooking up their PCV system to a Kenne Bell supercharger? I'm pullied for 14.5 psi and currently using a plastic fuel filter between the PCV in the rear of the intake (stock location) and the elbow feeding the supercharger. While this seems to work, it also seems that using something more appropriate like an oil/air separator with a drainback would be a better idea.

Also, at this pressure ratio I get a significant amount of oil loss from the OEM vent on the blower snout. It looks like its a part ordered off of McMaster-Carr and I found one that should control the mess a bit better: https://www.mcmaster.com/#8631t11/=15qqbbc

·
Indo-Canuck-Yankee
2,736 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
just noticed?????????

WTF did you do to the mach1?
Some retard ran a redlight, speeding, at night with their headlights off... and tagged the passenger rear wheel of the Mach 1. Hit it so hard that I did a 720 and ripples from the impact permanently deformed the roofline even though it had a 6-point cage welded in. I walked away from the wreck, permanent shoulder damage from the impact, though. I ended up using the insurance payout to buy a '66 GT fastback to replace it.

·
Indo-Canuck-Yankee
2,736 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v6h_FOzFMcs

this is totally sealed........hard to beat
That system is legit. Would running a check valve in the driver side valve cover of the OEM style 5.0L PCV system help? The valve cover is baffled to begin with, so it's doubtful that much if any oil is being ingested via that route. The PCV valve in the back of the intake however, that could probably use some oil separation under boost conditions. I was thinking maybe just installing a small baffled oil separator like one of these Canton units or one of these Mishimoto units for the PCV might be good.

·
Registered
21,849 Posts
Some retard ran a redlight, speeding, at night with their headlights off... and tagged the passenger rear wheel of the Mach 1. Hit it so hard that I did a 720 and ripples from the impact permanently deformed the roofline even though it had a 6-point cage welded in. I walked away from the wreck, permanent shoulder damage from the impact, though. I ended up using the insurance payout to buy a '66 GT fastback to replace it.
damn......

·
Registered
21,849 Posts
That system is legit. Would running a check valve in the driver side valve cover of the OEM style 5.0L PCV system help? The valve cover is baffled to begin with, so it's doubtful that much if any oil is being ingested via that route. The PCV valve in the back of the intake however, that could probably use some oil separation under boost conditions. I was thinking maybe just installing a small baffled oil separator like one of these Canton units or one of these Mishimoto units for the PCV might be good.
either one should work fine, the other is really for the people that pressurize the intake tract.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts