Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am currently running a Novi 1000 with 7psi boost non-intercooled on my '99 GT. Can I safely go any higher than 7psi? Also, does anyone know where I can get an intercooler for this setup?

·
Registered
273 Posts
Need a little more info on the combo. If would be safe to run more as long as you aren't over spinning the blower, running a good tune, engine is in good condition, fuel supply is adequate, IAT's aren't out of control vs octane, etc, etc.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Need a little more info on the combo. If would be safe to run more as long as you aren't over spinning the blower, running a good tune, engine is in good condition, fuel supply is adequate, IAT's aren't out of control vs octane, etc, etc.
What specific info do you need? All fuel components were upgraded with the blower install. The engine only has 55k miles on it. It has been dyno tuned to 350rwhp/340lbft.

·
Registered
273 Posts
If it is a stock bottom end 2V, you probably need to do a little research on rod failures vs RWHP. I think they become an issue around 400-425. Instead of an intercooler, why not try methanol injection? I've done both and by far prefer the "chemical intercooler". At 7 psi, you probably aren't going to pick up much with either but if you turn it up some, it could become an option.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts