Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to know if anyone has installed the front mount intercooler from Paxton? Seems like a nice piece. I want to know if it can be used with a Vortech blower. I called Paxton, but the tech guy was not sure. Have any of you tried it? Thanks for the input.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I know a few guys on here have installed one with a Vortech, I just ordered one for my Vortech SQ trim so I certainly hope they fit. The guy from Vortech said it would fit with no problem and just suggested that I intall a smaller pulley because the intercooler soaks up 1 to 2 psi of boost. I just did a search for Paxton Intercooler and came up with some good threads.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Why go with a Paxton IC?

I have a '97' Cobra with a Paxton Novi 2000 S/C. I went with a Fasttrack IC. ( www.fasttrackperf.com ). Go to the search under the title Fasttrack IC , Paxton IC or XMP IC & see why Ralph Green & myself ( 4.6 Cobra ) went with the Fasttrack IC. I also live in Southern Calif. & had Robert at Fasttrackperformance install his IC on my Cobra. If you have any tech. questions about the Fasttrack IC, you can reach Robert at ( 661) 291-2375. I know that Ralph Greene & myself are very happy with our Fasttrack IC's.:joy:

·
Registered
18 Posts
YellowReptile

Cobra 4.6,

How much boost are you running? Any cavitation or drivability problems in the mid range?

Thanks for the reply
Emil

·
Registered
97 Posts
YellowReptile: I'am running 12# of boost with an AFM powerpipe. I don't have any cavitation or driveability problems in my mid range. I recently installed at about the same time a Magnaflow catback into my Bassani x-pipe , the Fasttrack IC & a Accufab TB. I just ordered a new Pro-M 80mm MAF set for 42lb injectors to replace my Pro-M 80mm set for 36lb injectors. Before my recent mods ( which also included going from an autologic chip to a Diablow sport chip ) I dynoed 465 RWHP / 378 RWTQ. I need to get a re-tune as soon as get my new Pro-M & new Walbro 255 hipo intank and hipo Walbro 255 in line pumps. Emil, are you maybe thinking of installing an air to air IC?:confused:

·
Registered
2,541 Posts
I had all sorts of surging issues with the Fast Track IC. We added a second bypass which helped some. It was corrected when we went to a blow-thru MAF.

I am not sure, but I think they added everything that is needed for a second bypass, but don't hold me to it.

As far as performance, the IC caused very little loss of boost. I would say 1# or less. It is a very effecient IC.

I was running a 3.33 pully, AFM Power Pipe and was seeing 12#, 430rwhp with my GT. There was still a little left, but ran out of injector.

Would I still purchase an IC from Fast Track, even with the initial problems, YES!

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for all the input! I am definitely interested in installing an IC. Price is going to be a big issue though. I need to find something that works well but is also cost effective. Unfortunately, I am on a very limited budget.

4.6 Cobra, I have not heard of the fasttrack IC, but am interested. I will give them a call today and find out more. Thanks for the suggestion.

Stanger91, I assume you sell the Paxton IC. Can you email me a price? I would really appreciate it.

Again I thank you all for the info.

·
Authorized Advertiser
145 Posts
I do to, however I pay money every month for the priveledge. You don't. And let's be real here, you aren't offering anyone your help, you are trying to sell something for profit (as am I, but at least I support the Corral in doing so).

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Guys,

I thank you for your input and your price quotes, but I ask that you refrain from arguing on this thread because I don't want it getting locked. I would like more input, comments, and advice from other readers.

·
Registered
299 Posts
01blown- no problem i hope everything goes well for you in your upcomming project.

Craig-
but at least I support the Corral in doing so
I do not want to argue, but you raelly dont know what i do,all you know is you see no banner scrolling and you assume that i dont support in any ways. But please, lets not discuss this, we dont want to get the topic locked for this guy.

·
Authorized Advertiser
145 Posts
stanger91 said:
Craig- I do not want to argue, but you raelly dont know what i do,all you know is you see no banner scrolling and you assume that i dont support in any ways. But please, lets not discuss this, we dont want to get the topic locked for this guy.

You are right, I don't know. Last I heard you were not; however if you are then I will go up and delete all my posts that say anything to the contrary. BTW if you aren't then your post is in violation of the rules.

Let's take this to PM if you have anything else.

·
Registered
493 Posts
I have seen several late model GT's with that setup and it looked like it fit perfectly.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts