Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
491 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Aside from the tranny itself....

What parts are need to install it in a Fox??

Suggested vendors and specific parts would be nice. Any changes to the cross member needed? How about the sheetmetal...does the shift go through the same hole?

·
Registered
93 Posts
I've just done the swap by myself, you'll need bellhousing, 26sp clutch, 31sp yoke and AOD crossmember if you don't want to modify your t5 crossmember, the shifter will be in the same location as the t5.

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Just make sure you have a 26 spline input before you go ordering a 26 spline clutch...TKOs can be had with the 10 spline.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Shifter goes through the stock hole, I used my stock aod crossmember, worked fine with no mods. Good luck getting the biotch into 3rd. I already went back to an auto after 3 weeks.

·
Premium Member
1,770 Posts
You should also get a new aluminum clutch quadrant and firewall adjuster. Also, I bought a new factory ford clutch cable just in case. I'll be picking the car up today and tell you how it runs.

·
Premium Member
1,770 Posts
You should also get a new aluminum clutch quadrant and firewall adjuster. Also, I bought a new factory ford clutch cable just in case. I'll be picking the car up today and tell you how it runs.
Got the car yesterday and I really like the new setup, just going to take a little getting use to from the old t5.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts