Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
676 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need a best parts list for PS, PB to manual. Posted this over on modular 4V side but no takers.
I'm posting this here to make sure converstion relates to a 99-04 with hydraboost. I know that Flaming River has a kit designed for my application with rack and shaft, so that's fine. Where it gets a little opinionated and sketchy is the replacement master cylinder, firewall adapter, brake pedal part. Looking for simple plug and play as opposed to cheaper and doing modifications. As part of this I also want to get rid of stock steering column and go light, race, with quick disconnect wheel. So anyone who has done this successfully, going manual, getting rid of hydraboost and all the associated lines, ps pump and reservoir, could you please suggest a list of parts and sources. I've seen some stuff on Skinny Kid race cars, and I think Holcomb Motorsports maybe, but I'm sure there's others.

1. Manual rack and shaft.....flaming river ? Others?

2. Master cylinder, firewall adapter, stock brake pedal ?

3. Lightweight steering column with quick disconnect wheel?
99 coupe. T56 w/2003 Mach crate motor FRPP stock N/A, Kooks LT's and X,dumps no muffs. 4.56's
Best ET 11.791 Best MPH 114.92 Best 60" 1.49
Coincidence. A convenient and overused word for the mentally lazy.

·
Registered
813 Posts
This type of thing has probably been done by more over on YellowBullet. I'm sure someone there can give you exactly the info you need.

I know Maximum Motorsports has a lot of the parts to convert to manual steering and brakes though.

A quick alternative for the getting rid of the hydroboost crap is to put the booster/master from a V6 on there. Its all vacuum versus hydro but the V6 and GT use the same brakes so I don't think you would have to change any of the hydraulic parts.

·
Registered
676 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, I'll try a post over there.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts