Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking at rear disc conversions for my Maverick. It has staggered shocks so you need the correct kit, anyhow I've found one by Right Stuff but it deletes the parking brake. The car is a weekend toy and is automatic. Does anyone see any issues removing the parking brake? Thanks

·
Registered
303 Posts
I haven't had parking brakes on my fox mustang for about 4 years now. It's a dedicated OT car at this point but I don't miss it.

·
Registered
676 Posts
In the process of making that decision right now on drag only 99. Going from a T56 to a C4 this winter, along with manual steering and brakes. Can’t see that I would have any use for ebrake and it would give me more flexibility as to where to mount the reverse pattern shifter (most likely a quarterstick pistol grip). I’ve been told that as long as my brake line plumbing has separate lines for front and rear brakes, and I’m using a Strange 1.032 master dual chamber, that the chances of losing all braking is pretty remote. Would you all agree?

·
Premium Member
2,527 Posts
My E-brake is the Parachute....>:)

·
Registered
512 Posts
My car has never had a parking brake since I have had it. I will say that it is somewhat frustrating if you have the driveshaft out or if you are on a hill and need to press the clutch in. That is if you have a stick car. I would say 95% of the time it is not an issue but, there are times when I wish I had one.

·
Registered
7,603 Posts
also if you live in a state that does inspections you'd more than likely fail it

1 - 9 of 9 Posts