Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Can anyone tell me the difference between the MM panhard bar for the 79-98 and 99-04. I know the LCA bolts are larger(14mm) on the later, are the physical dimensions of the upper panhard mount the same, so the only difference being the lower mount that bolts to the lca mount(bigger hole and bolt)? My car originally had SSM bars and started tearing the torque boxes and wallering out the bolt holes in the chasis. When I did the battleboxes I also upgraded the LCA to weight jackers and 14mm bolts. So if that is indeed the only difference I want to order the panhard while it's on sale. Thanks in advance for any help.

·
Registered
898 Posts
I have tried to find out the same thing. The panhard bolts up to the frame rails, right? Are the late model frame rails further apart? It seems like the later model assy's are more readily available used and at a cheaper price. Just my .2.

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am hoping the only difference is the bracket that attaches to the LCA mount and that the difference is only the hole being 14mm as opposed to 12mm and then the larger bolt to accompany.

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, it was the weekend and they are not there so I was hoping someone with experience might know.

·
Super Moderator
27,657 Posts
When you find out, post back here. I have a feeling the panhard bar itself is longer but I don't know for sure.

·
Registered
5,521 Posts
The 8.8 axle housing is longer in the 99+ cars, so I'm guessing that the bar is longer to match. I have an 01 Cobra and it appears to be that the subframes are further apart too which if true means the upper support is wider to match.

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Well, called MM and what I was hoping was correct. The only difference between the panhard bar kits is the size of the hole in the bracket that bolts to the LCA mount and the size of the bolt. Everything else is exactly the same. Unfortunately this information comes after the DOTD has ended but I will just wait for the next one or find a used one. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
453 Posts
Well, called MM and what I was hoping was correct. The only difference between the panhard bar kits is the size of the hole in the bracket that bolts to the LCA mount and the size of the bolt. Everything else is exactly the same. Unfortunately this information comes after the DOTD has ended but I will just wait for the next one or find a used one. Hope this helps.
Damm, I passed on foxbody PHB at a great price, MM told me I needed to buy a new lower bracket :rolleyes:

Thanks for the info...

·
Registered
543 Posts
Well guess what... PHB is today's DOTD.... I swear those guys read these forums. LOL.

·
Registered
453 Posts
LOL the deal of the day was the one I missed out here on the classified section for $225 shipped...:rofl:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts