Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 83 Posts

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if there is any downside to running a panhard bar on the street?

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
3,569 Posts
05-up Mustangs come with them.

I do not have too many miles on my MM PHB/TA but plan on daily driving it.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
NVH won't bother me I don't think. They really make a big difference in the handling?

·
Registered
3,363 Posts
Either way the benefit of the lateral location would probably outweigh the added noise, but that depends on your tolerance for added noise. Some people don't want any.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
How much noise...I don't mind a noisy car as long as I'll be able to talk to a passenger without having to yell.

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
Anybody make a panhard bar for the fox chassis cars with a urethane bushing ends instead of a spherical rod end? To avoid the NVH...

Want to put one on my car to reduce/eliminate the rear end jiggles going over bumps and what not on the roads...

EDIT: Guess I found my own answer...checked on Griggs Racing website, theirs has bushing ends and along with saying its the best choice for daily drivers...
http://www.griggsracing.com/index.php?cPath=4332_4310_4348_4322_2055_3835

·
Registered
3,363 Posts
If this is for your DD, you should take a second look at MM. You probably won't be able to notice the difference and MM makes stong pieces that are designed more along the lines of durability.

I"m running the Steeda PHB because it came with the system but if I would have bought a PHB seperate it would have been MM.

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
I noticed no increase in NVH with adding the MM PHB. I put a couple hundred miles on the street with one last summer, and was very happy with how well the car went around corners with it installed. For the most part, you don't really know it is back there on the street. The car felt much better when I took it autocrossing, until the balljoint fell out of the control arm and ended the season. Oh well, 2 runs and game over for the entire summer.

This year I will be trying out the panhard rod with a MM torque arm, and MM tubular k-member.

·
Registered
956 Posts
Interesting how Griggs says to remove one upper control arm with theirs. I thought that was not conventional wisdom?
There are tons of arguments on running that setup, aka the Poor Man's 3-link, but I was never ballsy enough to try it, I just sprung for the Torque Arm too :evil:

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
Couple thousand miles on my 93 Coupe with the MM PHB and TA and it is fine. Most of the time the exhaust and stereo drown out the passenger yapping anyhow.

Install them on, strap in, shut up, and drive. When you go as far as to install a PHB I think the days of driving to the grocery store without checking to see if you beat your best time are done and no, taking people out in the cross walk will not get the guy who yells "GOOOOOOOOAL" to give you a shout out.

Kidding of course...keep it on a race track and have fun.

Darren

·
Registered
195 Posts
I got into my buddies 98 that had LCA's, PHB, STB, and a few other odds and ends, and in all honesty, his car had LESS NVH than my car with worn out suspension components.

Youll never tell the difference. As long as you keep your back seat and all that in there, you probably wont notice any NVH unless you went with rod end control arms or something similar.

·
Registered
506 Posts
I have the MM panhard bar on an otherwise stock 1993 suspension in my daily driver.
To tell you the truth, I'm not sure it made me any faster in autocross, but it feels GREAT on the street!
Best mod I made other than the shifter for daily driving.
A bit more noise ... sort of comes through as little thumps ... but not bad at all.

·
Formerly BLOWN1989SALEEN
5,755 Posts
I didnt notice any NVH increase with my MM PHB, I did however notice some increase when I added my UMI spherical control arms <--poly bush on chassis side and spherical on axle side

1 - 20 of 83 Posts