Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
848 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got a bit of Birthday money and would like to sink it into my car. Trying to decide on brand of panhard bar. There seems to be a number of brands with varying price, is one better then the other, can you shop by price? Most of the use it will see is curvy backroads, no heavy racing.
Another question, I get a creaking kind of squeaking noise any time I turn my steering wheel back and forth, even when IM sitting still. At this point I think its the tie rod ends and since they have 100k mikes of use its time to change them. Is steedas x2 balljoints of any benefit over stock replacements for a car that has Bullit springs and shocks, so its maybe dropped 1/2 to 3/4 inch from stock ride height. Or would stock be just as good because of the minimal drop?
thanks jon

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
Maximum Motorsports Panhard bar, look around the corral, Arts parts had one shipped to me for $299, which was awesome.

On the balljoints, you can use steeda x2's to improve handling by correcting the suspension geometry, or lower the car slightly more without any further loss in geometry in the arms, which helps combat camber loss.

If you have tie rods giving up, might as well go bumpsteer kit.

·
Registered
848 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Who is arts parts? do you think the MM bar is better then say griggs or kenny brown stuff? How much more would the x2s drop the front ? dont want to much of a downhill slant. Also, whats a good tie rod end?

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
94svt5.0 said:
Who is arts parts? do you think the MM bar is better then say griggs or kenny brown stuff? How much more would the x2s drop the front ? dont want to much of a downhill slant. Also, whats a good tie rod end?
Art's performance is a dealer on corral.net, the x2's won't drop any at all if you use the spacers included with them. I do hold the MM in higher regards than the Kenny Brown, and I have no comparison with griggs, but for the money the MM part is outstanding.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts